Lazer brite lights.... info?????

• Thread starter **DONOTDELETE**
  • Start date
D

**DONOTDELETE**

Anyone have one of those "5 in 1" lazerbrite lights yet? I want a review to see wa my needs are for a new light stick, thanks !!

vcal

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by yzingerr:
Anyone have one of those "5 in 1" lazerbrite lights yet? I want a review to see wa my needs are for a new light stick, thanks !!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've got the Lazerbrite stick with Green (the brightest color) elements in both ends. As to brightness, with fresh 2016 cells, it's about 8-10X the brightness of my green Krill extreme unit. IMO-the Krill lamps are best thought of as "markers", -rather than illuminators.:>)

Steelwolf

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Krill lights do the job they were designed to do, ie replace the chemical (Cylume) lightsticks. So you would use them in precisely the same situation as you would a chemical lightstick, and generally, that's as markers. The advantages are the even amount of light put out over the life of the batteries, extended burn time (40hrs vs. 8hrs), and the knowledge that you can keep these around for years and then just pop in batteries and you are relatively certain they will work, whereas the chemical sticks have a shelf life of a year, after which they are a bit iffy.

Someone mentioned that in terms of power consumption, they put out less light per watt than sticking a CMG Infinity in to a Lazerbrite tube? I wonder if this is another market area that will open up, seeing that there are only a small handful of lightsticks on the market and only the Krill uses AA batteries?

I sort of recall another LED lightstick that used only 1 LED at one end and a bunch of button cells (possibly LR44s). Any one remember that? Anyone heard of other lightsticks?

I wonder if CMG would consider putting their Infinity power supply in to a lightstick?

PeLu

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Steelwolf:
whereas the chemical sticks have a shelf life of a year, after which they are a bit iffy.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

As mentioned before: If you have an application where you don't have to carry them around all the time, you may store them in your freezer. There they last many, many years.

And of course these Krill and similar lights are not as good for underwater use. Yes, I know, they claim to be waterproof, but a Cyalume is almost indestructable when lit one time.

vcal

Flashlight Enthusiast
Howdy,
I've been doing some experiments with all the known light sticks/wands lately, so I can add some useful info......
-That button cell waterproof lightstick Steelwolf refers to, I think, is avail.@ www.ndsproducts.com/lazerstik.html
IMHO-if you only could have ONE lightstick, this one is the best, -esp. for the money! I use the Green LED model, and it's just way brighter than my Krill Lamps. Waterproof, and runs about 12hrs. on 3-#357 cells, and -Yep, LEDs make EL look pretty anemic, alright.

p.s.-I'm the guy who converted the old unused anymore Infinity element to the Lazerbrite tube and that works just great too
cool.gif

p.p.s.-that Infinity lightstick goes for 35-40hrs. and is still brighter than any Krill Extreme
shocked.gif

p.p.p.s.
grin.gif
-If anybody else is at all interested in that Infinity swap, I'll post later a couple of easy ways to put that Infinity back to work-(now that the Arc-AAA has taken it's place)