Q for UK Surefire owners - Where do you buy yours?

saidean

Newly Enlightened
I'm awaiting shipment from the USA of 2 Surefire torches, my first 2... these were bought from ebay but it was quite a harrowing experience (hate auctions lol). Thankfully the US seller seems to be a fairly reasonable chap.
Anyway, was wondering where do the UK surefire fans buy their stuff from - ebay? US retailers (which ones)? Any problems with VAT/Customs? (Looking at Size 15s' collection I'm in awe!)

Anyway, any pointers are greatly appreciated!

Saidean

Size15's

Flashaholic
I'm dealing with ODS as I type - Considering the mess I'm in it's going very well so far. I'm not ordering SureFires - PhotonII's and Rages.

When you order from the States you must guess that additional charges of getting caught at Customs will be about a third extra on the total price including shipping. If you do not want to pay a third extra then I suggest you don't order.
Over the last few years I've been caught quite a few times. It hurts but I try to remember that many times I don't get charged which is effectively a third discount. The actual additional charges may be less than a third in some cases.

Please remember that many of the SureFires I've got are samples from SureFire. I do own quite a few and I did have to pay additional charges on several of them.

Al

saidean

Newly Enlightened
I buy R1 DVDs from a canadian supplier (large company) that sends them by DHL and have never been charged extra by Customs ... possibly because they declare the dvds as used and lower the declared values... it's part of their service to UK buyers.
Was wondering if there are companies that sell SF torches that do that. I know SF itself and tactical meridien (i think it's called that) state they won't fudge the values...

I've bought inovas from ODS previously. Great service... their prices seem to make it worthwhile to buy from the US even after factoring in additional customs charges, is that correct?

bagman

Enlightened
saidean - Joe has a base in the UK and stuff you order will come from there so no problems with extra duty etc.