• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired My Bad Luck and a Question on the VIP???

4x4Dragon

Flashlight Enthusiast
i give up. i just don't understand how, as much as i frequent this board, that i miss out totally on something such as the VIP. come to think of it, somehow i seem to miss out on everthing that Mr. Bulk does???? i mean, i've known about the VIP for about 1 month now but before that i don't remember the first thing about it! my biggest question now(even though it's too late) how much was this light going for?$?$?$?$

Phil_B

Enlightened
I thought it was the most talked about light on here,that's not including thev thread that got accidentally deleted!
It was hard to miss,but maybe easy to say "I'll read that later.Either way,bad luck mate.
I paid $163 for mine.as for getting on the list,I fell into it by accident,as I had a Super Baby Pin" (SBP) on order and Charlie stopped making these and transfered us.Me?? Chuffed to bits as I'm not regarded as lucky by anyone that knows me!
HTH,Phil. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

NIGHTGUY

Newly Enlightened
4x4Dragon,

You just have to visit the forum more, lol. Just kidding.
Ask Mr. Bulk to put you on the "permanent" waiting list (list for any future upcoming creations). As for the VIP, according to Mr. Bulk, there should be some "leftover" (first come first serve basis)after the first delivery. You
should be able to get in on those. Good luck.

balrog

Enlightened
4x4Dragon, I know how you feel. I kept on missing out on these runs too, including Firefly 1 and SBP. I did manage to get on the list for both the Firefly 2 and the VIP (towards the end). I think it's just a matter of keeping your eyes peeled, and reading through entire posts.

I ended up getting a Firefly in new condition very shortly after they got sent out to everyone. I'm sure if you can't get a brand new VIP that if you watch the BST threads that you'll see a few for sale.

Good luck!

bald1

Enlightened
Okay, I'm a newbie and although I've looked I remain confused as to how Mr. Bulk works these specials. You e-mail him about a specific or must you e-mail to get on a generic list from which you can sign up fora special like the VIP with that big head accessory?

Would appreciate a sanity check regarding the proper process.

Thanks!

--Bob

NIGHTGUY

Newly Enlightened
bald1,

Best think to do is to check with the creator himself, in your case Mr. Bulk. PM and email him with your questions. Mr. Bulk is very good in responding to emails and PMs.

kitelights

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've found that the only way to stay in touch is to spend an embarrassingly inordinate amount of time on this forum. I, too, tried to get in on the SBP and was too late. However, I was informed that I'd be included in the next gen and now I consider myself quite fortunate - a nicer light and I'm at the top part of the list.

I'd be lying if I said that I wasn't as excited as a 10 year old in anticipation of this new light.

Phil_B

Enlightened
Hey Charlie,Aten asked me this too.It's an English thing.Means to be happy (now!) but the original meaning was er... more crude!
The original use can nearly be got by re-aranging the letters.We're talking hundreds of years ago.
Holds no offensive status here anymore,perhaps a bit like "bu55er" in the US.Couldn't say that to the Queen here!
Use; "I'll be chuffed to get my VIP"
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif