LED wristwatch anyone?

Raven77

Newly Enlightened
Hello everyone,
This is my first post here, although I have been lurking for awhile /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif.
I am still not sure what I should buy for my first "decent" flashlight, but I am still
researching my options, so I will save that for another day.

I was wondering if anyone ever heard of Dakota watches?
They have a pretty neat one I am considering buying, it has an <font color="red">LED</font> flashlight and
its rechargable. I know it sounds pretty lame and I thought so too,
but check it out and let me know what ya think...
Thanks for any input!!!
For sale on Ebay
LED watch Homepage /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Jack_Crow

Enlightened
R,
Sounds kind of expensive.
Perhaps this is a more sane approach.

I have a thirty dollar Timex Expedition watch that works just fine. Iraq and I have not been able to kill it.

Some nice items from the guys on this board have hooked me up with some nice portable lighting gear. No single item has been over 80 bucks.

Take the amount you were thinking about for this Dekota buy the above items, and with the change you can take your lady friend out to a steak dinner and a movie.

Later dude
Jack Crow in Iraq

Raven77

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Jack_Crow said:
R,
Sounds kind of expensive.
Perhaps this is a more sane approach.

I have a thirty dollar Timex Expedition watch that works just fine. Iraq and I have not been able to kill it.

Some nice items from the guys on this board have hooked me up with some nice portable lighting gear. No single item has been over 80 bucks.

Take the amount you were thinking about for this Dekota buy the above items, and with the change you can take your lady friend out to a steak dinner and a movie.

Later dude
Jack Crow in Iraq

[/ QUOTE ]
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
That is pretty good advice...
But the lights on the watch are sort of an added bonus. I have a bit of a watch fetish (cell phones too). I just like the design of the watch more then anything. I was just wondering if anyone heard of Dakota before, because I did'nt. And if the LED's on it are even worth being there?
It looks neat though!
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
Dakota has a kiosk at one of malls in my area. I've checked them out on numerous occasions. Bit of a watch fetish here, too. I've read about them on some of the watch forums. They even have a small selection of automatic (self-winding) models. Some of the quartz chronographs are pretty nice, too.

Tweek

Enlightened
I just wonder about the battery, and what their definition of "lifetime" is. I have yet to see any rechargeable lithium batteries that last for more than 2-3 years before needing to be replaced.

Chris

PeLu

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Tweek said: I have yet to see any rechargeable lithium batteries that last for more than 2-3 years before needing to be replaced.

[/ QUOTE ]

I expect it to be a Li-Vanadium cell. Did you also have that poor lifetime with these?