More Arc4+ Switch Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobisculous

Flashlight Enthusiast
I finnaly sent in my Arc4 Friday and got it back Wednesday, and I am very unimpressed with the switch still. It went from being ultra hard to click, to now, ultra touchy. I will all the time find out that its on in my pocket when I never turned it on. I know thats what the button lock is for but come on, it shouldnt be clicking when you're just sitting around the house or school. I wanted the light not to come on till you hear the actual click noise. Do yall, with other Arc4's get that? I asked this some time ago before the switch calibration, but now, when does your Arc4 turn on, or recognize the click? Is it long before you put pressure on it like mine? Or not until you hear the click noise? Try pushing the button slowly and see when it comes on. It takes mine just the slightest bit of pressure to come on. Its rather annoying! I love the light, but not the switch. Thanks for your time.
Cameron

Dave Wright

Enlightened
On the bright side, at least you won't strain your thumb working the light and its menus. I recommend that you try running in semi-tac mode. That should stop the accidental pocket activation. Live with the light for a while before you return it. Mine has "grown" on me. I don't know if its me or the light breaking in, but I have a much better feel for the switch now. With the brightness control and options well practiced, I find that I use them quite a lot. Daytime use: P5, S1, Force Primary; I don't need semi-tac because my switch doesn't trip on light pressure. Theater/play use: P5, S12. Nightime around the house: P5, S9. Night runs: P5, S1. All I'm really doing is moving secondary brightness around and sometimes toggling Force Primary. Quick adjustments, but they really make the Arc4 mesh well with my needs.

Great light; I hope yours works out.

Status
Not open for further replies.