Gallagher

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
Went and saw Gallagher last night...HILARIOUS!! The show went into overtime we were having soooo much fun! Had center stage - 7th row tickets...ruined a good shirt with cherry stains and mustard and mayonaise and cottage cheese and Hershey's chocolate syrup and strawberry syrup and sauerkraut all sorts of Asian foods (he found my favorite Asian grocery store in town) and peanut butter and spam and dog food and Pepto Bismol and birthday cake and pumpkin pie mix and grapes and of course WATERMELON and on and on and on...Yes the plastic painter's tarp kept out the majority of flying debris, but some of this "stuff" made it over the tarp and down the back of my shirt, hair, hands...sticky, sticky, sticky...

Though the slapstick portion was indeed funny, though I really appreciate his social/political humor the most!

K A

Enlightened
It always makes me wonder how much the cleanup bill is once his show is done. The stage would be simple to clean. But having all that stuff go out into the audience and onto cloth covered seats and carpet.

Brock

Flashaholic
A LOT, we have done him twice and I swear we still find stuff in the cracks. It takes about 16 people 8 hours to clean up our stage. One of the specials he has was filmed in our theatre.

Wolfen

Flashlight Enthusiast
Which Gallagher, the original or the fake Gallagher ? I believe his brother was doing the act for awhile. Anyway that's what I saw on one of the bio shows.

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
Brock said:
A LOT, we have done him twice and I swear we still find stuff in the cracks. It takes about 16 people 8 hours to clean up our stage. One of the specials he has was filmed in our theatre.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi Brock,

Checked out your link to the theater... cool. Nice to see that there's another CPF'er who's been bitten by the showbiz bug.

Once bitten, it's in your blood forever. Kinda like herpes only without the cold sores /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif

Brock

Flashaholic
LOL, there are a couple of us here in theatre, maybe it's the darkness and flashlights /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

It was the real one, actually his brother was with him one of the two times, if you ever met him in person they don't look that much alike, but from stage I doubt people could tell /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
Brock said:
LOL, there are a couple of us here in theatre, maybe it's the darkness and flashlights /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

It was the real one, actually his brother was with him one of the two times, if you ever met him in person they don't look that much alike, but from stage I doubt people could tell /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, something about those Kleiglights, I think! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Is Gallagher's brother doing the same act? What's his first name?

Brock

Flashaholic
Or maybe it's the 2000w xenon short arc spots, super troopers that is /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I don't know his brothers name???

LitFuse

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Brock said:
I don't know his brothers name???

[/ QUOTE ]

In the ad I saw, his name was "Gallagher II". /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

Peter

P.S.- is this guy (either of them) actually funny? I've always been of the opinion that there's nothing worse (comedy wise) than a "prop" comic, ( ala CarrotTop ). I mean smashing stuff with a big hammer is OK, but a monkey could do that too. Am I misinformed about Gallagher?

Peter

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
LitFuse said:
P.S.- is this guy (either of them) actually funny? I've always been of the opinion that there's nothing worse (comedy wise) than a "prop" comic, ( ala CarrotTop ). I mean smashing stuff with a big hammer is OK, but a monkey could do that too. Am I misinformed about Gallagher?

Peter

[/ QUOTE ]

I've always thought that Carrot Top was a cheap ripoff of Gallagher (without the Sledge-O-Matic, of course). The difference between the two is that Gallagher uses topical and political humor, while Carrot Top just pulls out silly props. I think that Gallagher is pretty funny.

GJW

Flashlight Enthusiast
Gallagher defintely does some intellectual material.
The Sledge-O-Matic is only about 2% of his act (last time I saw him).
For the mechanically impressed he also has some stage effects and props that are mind-blowing.

E! did a bio on Gallagher and yes, for a while his brother (who looks very similar) was going on the road as Gallagher II and performing the same act.
It was supposed to lead to his brother developing his own career but he never did.
Gallagher eventually sued his brother and won in court.

JOshooter

Enlightened
You just can't describe the show in person, it was amazing! To help with the clean up, they had trash bags over the first 9 rows of chairs and floor.