Light color question.

D

**DONOTDELETE**

In regards to Krill lights, What color is the most pleasing to the eye if it is the only light source? I have heard white is the best because it is the same wavelength as the sun (atleast in LED talk). I want to use the krill for reading at night in pitch black conditions. Thanks yall !!! p.s. i realize that a krill isnt an LED !!
confused.gif

vcal

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Like a Fly:
In regards to Krill lights, What color is the most pleasing to the eye if it is the only light source? I have heard white is the best because it is the same wavelength as the sun (atleast in LED talk). I want to use the krill for reading at night in pitch black conditions. Thanks yall !!! p.s. i realize that a krill isnt an LED !!
confused.gif
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The white Krill (actually "greyish") is he most natural color, but the green one one is noticeably brighter.
IMO-these units are very poor performers as "task" lights, and are really intended as indicator/marker lights-you won't want to use these for reading very long!
frown.gif
-but for checking maps in near total darkness they're OK.
MUCH better for reading at night is something like the Eveready folding LED lantern -$8. at Wally's
smile.gif
, or one of the CCFT fluorescent booklights.

D

**DONOTDELETE**

LED headlights ROCK for reading. Get yourself a PT Matrix or a Tikka and your eyes will thank you.

CJ