ArcLS

Status
Not open for further replies.

PrebKlok

Newly Enlightened
Hi, I've just resently found this great site, so here comes my first post. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Yesterday i received a Arc AAA, and WOW i love it. It replaces my Mag Solitare, and what a difference. However, I've been thinking about getting a Arc LS in addition, but the only one i can find at stores i this one:

ArcLS2.jpg

but i like this one much better:

ArcLS.jpg

What models is this, and where do I get it?

Ringleader

Newly Enlightened
Dear PrebKlok, Congratulations on your finding CPF, on your first post here, and on your ARC AAA flashlight. The ARC LS in your picture has the so-called Kroll tail cap switch. This can be (easily) replaced by an earlier version switch which is called a "twistie". email me for more details at [email protected] Cordially, Richard...

Hoghead

Flashaholic*
These are both ARC LS lights. The tailcap is different. The one you like has a twistie tailcap. The twisties are discontinued but you can find them on B/S/T sometimes. Here's a list of some of the various LS versions:
LSL-S = Luxeon Star Low dome-Standard
LSL-P = Luxeon Star Low dome-Premium
LSH-S = Luxeon Star High dome-Standard
LSH-P = Luxeon Star High dome-Premium

There are other versions that preceded these, but these are the most common. The LSH-P is my favorite and probably the most popular. I recommend you buy the one you like or if money is an issue buy the one you can afford and then buy a twistie for it. You might run an add in B/S/T for both.

nisshin

Enlightened
One might mention why Arc went to the Kroll over the twisty: it seems that some people were crushing batteries. Besides the Kroll gives you a momentary on function. Some twisty end caps are available from JSBurlys.com

HesNot

Enlightened
I've not been as big a fan of the twistie as some, I like the momentary on of the kroll (or arc 4+) and the positive feedback when it is turned on. I admit the twistie form factor is appealing. Anyway, you should give the kroll a try, you might end up liking it, and advertise for a twistie (and yes I believe JS Burly has some anodized ones).

Hoghead

Flashaholic*
Prebklok,

Did you get a complete light or just the twistie?

If you got a complete light, which version did you get?

PrebKlok

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Hoghead said:
Did you get a complete light or just the twistie?

[/ QUOTE ]
I only ordered the twistie. The light itself i will order from a dealer here in Europe.

simbad

Enlightened
Prebklok, consider the LSHF-P just in case if you like the tight focus beam, compare them in CPF reviews, I have one and it is like a " cannon" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif
Just a comment.

PrebKlok

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
simbad said:
Prebklok, consider the LSHF-P just in case if you like the tight focus beam, compare them in CPF reviews, I have one and it is like a " cannon" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif
Just a comment.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well... I am considering, but it seems to be a tough desision. I've been reading the threads on this site about both lights, and some people speak for LSHF-P and other for LSH-P. Maybe I should just go for the Arc4+, but it seems to be a bit to big to fit in a pocket.
Please /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/help.gif

Dave Wright

Enlightened
It's a tough call. The LS series is noticeably smaller and lighter, takes a lanyard better, runs more efficiently at its fixed output level, is IMO tougher and more reliable, costs a bit less, can be used by other people, and for many applications has a superior beam. In the LS series I prefer the LSHF-P. It throws out a wonderfully even wall of light - sort of like opening a window wherever you point it. The Arc4+ has much better throw and the sometimes critically important ability to chose between bright/short and dim/long runtime. I use my LSHF-P for most daytime carry. The Arc4+ comes along when variable output is likely to be needed. Remember the CPF motto - buy both!

PrebKlok

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Dave Wright said:
Remember the CPF motto - buy both!

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah right, but $$$$$$$$$ /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mecry.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mecry.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mecry.gif

PrebKlok

Newly Enlightened
I just got the twisty cap from JS Burly /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

But I still can't decide between the LSH and the LSHF. Maybe I should just flip a coin. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon6.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.