Photon Fusion Head Light

D

**DONOTDELETE**

So far I am impressed. There are reviews of the light available through equipped.com, and you should check those out. I use it for a bike light and other stuff.

Cheapest I have seen the light for is $43, from Botach, the King of Indifferent Customer service. I paid $73 for it, and don't really regret it, because it is just kewl and because I didn't buy it from REI.

I do think that the design tries to do too much at once. I would rather have more protection and less "versatility." I think that the "flashlight" mode is pointless, and would prefer a more solid method of mounting the lamp to the battery case.

But this light is far more versatile than the Tikka, if bulkier. It takes AA batteries, and you can find AA lithium batteries easily. The flash modes kick ***, even if they are not as power efficient as I'd hoped. Plus, you've got immediate access to momentary hyperbright override.

Conclusion: In my opinion, this is the best area worklight currently available (the Zipka being the other one that I have experience with). Pair it with a small xenon spotlight like the Surefires for distance work, and you've got the bases covered.

APW

Newly Enlightened
I like this light a lot but I have to tell/warn you this, I have broken the battery lid clip twice in less than two months. (as I have replacement once)

This is because I used rechargeable AA batteries and used the light a lot and change the batteries quite frequently and that small clip is a real problem.

Though I took real care not to damage it again after the first replacement but it still happen. You know if this clip is completely fail, your flashlight is useless. To me battery changes SHOULD BE FAIL-SAFE.

Check out how bad the design is: http://www.geocities.com/andypawong/fusioncrack.jpg
Andy

APW

Newly Enlightened
OK, not to worry about the battery lock mechanism.

David Allen is waiting for the modified version of the battery compartment and we have to wait for his approval. It may take some times.

Your faulty battery compartment can be exchanged for a new one when it's approved through their warranty service or their distributors.

Cheers,
Andy