Newbie KPR113 Questions

SJACKAL

Enlightened
Hi

I am trying to mod my cheap bicycle headlight which runs on 2C batts side by side on a 2.5 volt stock PR bulb.

I bought the Rayovac KPR113. On the packaging it says 4.8 volts 0.75A, 3.6 Watt. But n the packaging it also states 6 Volts. So is it 4.8 or 6? The KPR113 at Radioshack.com is 4.8 volts. Does it meant the bulb can be overdrived to 6 volts?

I am thinking of using either 2 CR123s or 4 AAs, or 4 NiMH AAs (1.2v each instead of 1.5) Which will work best?

Thanx in advance! Pls help. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

danielo_d

Enlightened
I agree with the confusion. KPR113 are for 4D or 4C or 4AA applications [6 Volts]. I see packages in the hardware store that says that and then open them at home to see the 4.8 Volts .75 Amps readings on the cans.
They are spec'd for 4AA Alks [and 4C and 4D for that matter.] So, they should be fine with alks.
However, I'm not familiar w/the NiMH or CR123 applications because of different current values. Maybe someone else can chime in about the NiMhs and Lithiums.
Also, can someone clarify something? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thinking.gif If you do overdrive a bulb, is it more susceptible to blow if shocked? If so, you may want to take this into account if it's a bike mounted light.
Danno

SJACKAL

Enlightened
Thanx for reply, sorry I think I have a double post... please refer to the other thread, thanx.