Lifesaver Flavors?

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
A co-worker just returned from Australia and brought back 4 rolls of "Musk" flavored Lifesavers. I tasted one and the only way I can explain it was "tasting" the smell one smells when they enter a room that has incense burning in it...sort of like eating "perfume". Sounds odd, but it really didn't taste bad!

I hear the Aussies have another flavor called "Thirst" that has been described as tasting sort of like "lemon sorbet" - but not!? (yep, that's what the description said) I'd like to try that one!

In my younger days, I remember a Lifesaver flavor called "Choco-mint" (or was it just chocolate but tasted like a chocolate mint?). There's a brand of mints/candies out by "Velamints" called "Chocolate mints" that remind me of that flavor.

I also remember passing throught Canada in 1984 and picking up some flavors that weren't available in the States (and had French printing to boot - a nifty thing for me).

Any Lifesaver flavor memories or comments from the members all around the world? Folks collect everything else, seems a worldwide Lifesaver collection would be interesting?

Any volunteers to ship any "Thirst" flavored ones from Australia to me? I'll pay of course! I did find the "Musk" ones on the WWW and ordered a few of them. Also found ginger flavored Altoids (they have a licorice flavored one out as well, but I'm not really fond of that taste).

vcal

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just saw the new Ginger Altoids yesterday at the drug store. Gotta try those out I guess.....

I also heard they had a tasty new mothball flavor as well. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/huh.gif

coachbigdog

Enlightened
There are some jelly beans(bert's beans I think)that has flavors like vomit,booger,sardines,grass,etc!If your a prankster,these are for you!

JOshooter

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
coachbigdog said:
There are some jelly beans(bert's beans I think)that has flavors like vomit,booger,sardines,grass,etc!If your a prankster,these are for you!

[/ QUOTE ]

How ironic, last year I took a trip to the Carolinas and got 2 boxes of those. I also got a bag of regular jelly beans. When I got back to the place I was staying I opened up both boxes of the Harry Potter beans and mixed them in! I had a smile wider than my face! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/evilgrin07.gif

Everyone in the room was comenting on how my family would hate me when I gave them their "gift". It took a while for them to find one of the "special" flavors, but it happened!

I also snuck a vomit flavor one and a second after putting it in I wanted to vomit the vomit bean!

Here's a fan site with all the flavors of the Harry Potter beans.

The ginger Altoids are very good, too bad it takes as long as it does to ship stuff up to AK.