Led on bike.

yclo

Flashaholic*
For your enjoyment only...
You should see people's reactions when they saw me riding this around last night. I heard a couple of people saying something like "WTF, UFO..."
grin.gif

fdc7873d.jpg

fdc7873b.jpg

YC

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Yeh, it was pretty impressive
shocked.gif
. You forgot to mention the Arc LS helmet conversion.

Toby

lambda

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by yclo:
For your enjoyment only...
You should see people's reactions when they saw me riding this around last night. I heard a couple of people saying something like "WTF, UFO..."
grin.gif

YC
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Dang, that must look like a UFO zipping down the street! I like the color choice too, very mystical looking. I wonder if such a set up could be carried airborne by a kite or small helium baloon at night ........

lambda

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by yclo:
I've tried photon knock-offs tied on a kite before.... Looks pretty nice, but very hard to take photos of.

YC
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

When we were kids, we used to make UFOs out of dry cleaning bags; seal the bag up with a soldering iron and connect four straws together to form an X. Tape the straw X to the bottom of the bag and mount 7 birthday candles using straight pins thru the straws and into the base of the candle. Light candles and release. The candles would light up the dry cleaning bag quite nice. One night we released 5 at once; it was a thrill to hear the UFO reports on TV and in the papers and know that we did it.

LEDs seem to be a much safer alternative (we did have one "UFO" come down in flames on a roof top; much running with ladders and buckets - not to mention the angry home owner)....

yclo

Flashaholic*
Hey, now that'd be quite fun. And a heck of a lot cheaper than sending leds up in the sky. Although the kite does have strings attached, and you can tie a string to a ballon. They wouldn't go as high as the dry cleaning bag UFO's and if anyone sees it (the led one that is) they'd know it's you since you'd be holding on to the string, unless you're planning to ditch the leds.

Oh, did I mention that I also had a photon rav'n attached to a spoke on my front wheel, that made a nice effect too.

YC

TrevorNasko

Flashlight Enthusiast
Atlanta, GA>> The Flashlight that was broken shall
so whats so special about it-
last week i mounted 1 p91 with handlebar toggle switch

2 versalux ulms( one on either side of the wheel to act as foglamps) that were running 10 photon light aqua(6$ each) nichias on each ULM(total of 20 aqua leds)

red reflecter in back has a photon super duper bright fire red led imbeded in it wired to a P3 board.

clear front reflector has a sauce circiut with photon superbright leds

each wheel holds a eternalight board on the axle that modulates muticolored photon leds imbeded in a reflecter(clear)

my helmet is led moded and a green laser hangs from my neck

all power comes from a hidden battery in my seatpouch
yes my swinn?spe? is totaly tricked out and it turns heads
the thing is you have to think big- what you have just dont cut it-its a start though

and yes all i just told is true(im trying to work the new digital cam so no pics yet)

yclo

Flashaholic*
Aragorn,

Hey hey, you just have to be on top don't ya.
tongue.gif

Btw, what I have on there is extremely low-tech, no smart electronics whatsoever except for one little resistor and 12 leds.

Also, I have some leds on a wheel (photos here). And it's running on a little 12v battery. Someone has offered to pay be to make him a few, however battery change will not be easy since I only taped the wires on. What do you think will be good as a battery source for running leds on the wheel? I mean AA's or AAA's are ok, but just where to mount them, on the spokes?

For your P3 board that you're using, are you just using CR2016's or from the battery under the seat too? Is it possible to use the P3 board with 3 AAA's or 3 AA's? Will it kill the board?

YC

lambda

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Aragorn:

2 versalux ulms( one on either side of the wheel to act as foglamps) that were running 10 photon light aqua(6$ each) nichias on each ULM(total of 20 aqua leds)

red reflecter in back has a photon super duper bright fire red led imbeded in it wired to a P3 board.

each wheel holds a eternalight board on the axle that modulates muticolored photon leds imbeded in a reflecter(clear)

the thing is you have to think big- what you have just dont cut it-its a start though

and yes all i just told is true(im trying to work the new digital cam so no pics yet)
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

And the pictures would be where?

TrevorNasko

Flashlight Enthusiast
Atlanta, GA>> The Flashlight that was broken shall
no pics - im still trying to figuer this webcam out that quickbeam gave me

3 aaa or 3aa won't kill the p3 then agian- i only run 2aa

mount the batt on the axle for lower circ. force i am working on special nimh packs from ratshack

lemme tell ya - i put the system on one main toggle and its real funny to turn it off and find some street hocky players(playing by moon light) - stay cloaked(powered off) until your right ontop of them then hit the joy switch. having not seen or heard you come up they arent aware that your there-until- they are slamed with 200 lumans (2times a car headlamps)/ 20 mega bright aqua leds( the odd color alone will give them nightmares) / a firey red tail light/ a color morphing front and all this appearing at once- out of nowhere(yeah the wheel lights stay off but who cares) . have youever SEEN somebody on roller blades try to run- they look horribly drunk. they fall over them selves trying to escape what seemingly is a firefly from hell that is out to get them. i incease the frenzy by laughing crazily and beaming them with the greenie. this causes them to run in to parked cars and pee in their pants. and then as quick as i appeared -im gone. they lose their night vision and i simply kill the lights and peddle away silently and unoticed. meanwhile they get punished for shouting the curse words that they did- life is good
grin.gif

D

**DONOTDELETE**

A-corn

You're kidding right!? If one were to do that to me I'd track him down (and it wouldn't be to see the bike lights). You must cruise only yuppie suberbs, in my town you'd end up in the hospital.

Peace

BTW yclo, the bike ROCKS! what did you use for the diffusers on the frame?

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
I did this to a wheelchair a few years back. Was the only vehicle of any kind in town with blue, green, aqua, or white LEDs on it. I just found a bag with 4 really old blue-greens in it, and I think I'll mount them on my chair as side markers along with Lumileds CHMSL strips, if I can devise a means of mounting the board+led+heatsink combo somewhere. Time to dig out the drill I suppose.
tongue.gif

yclo

Flashaholic*
cv3p0,

Diffusers are just clear plastic tubes with leds on either end.

Craig,

Your chair does look very amazing, do you only have one chair that has leds on it?

YC

yclo

Flashaholic*
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Aragorn:
no pics - im still trying to figuer this webcam out that quickbeam gave me
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Any pics now?

Alaric Darconville

Flashlight Enthusiast

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Is this the same Aragorn that racked up the $1300 credit card debt?

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*

Craig,

Your chair does look very amazing, do you only have one chair that has leds on it?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've got 2 chairs done up like this, but there's only 1 battery & charger to go around, and it's currently in the newer chair. So I can't turn them both on at once, such as if I wanted to take a side-by-side photo showing them lit up.

yclo

Flashaholic*
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by The LED Museum:
So I can't turn them both on at once<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just for photos sake could you hook up both the chairs to the one battery? As long as they're next to each other, so what if the batteries aren't gonna last that long, they just need to be lit for a photo anyway.

DonL

Enlightened
yclo, that looks like it was a fun project. The only other thing I could think of to add to the UFO effect is repainting the frame with glow-in-the-dark paint. Very eerie.