Peak Solutions....

Flashlight Enthusiast
Are the Peak solutions LEDs regulated at all? I'm looking at possible replacements for the Arc AAAs and AAs, and I definitely want at least partial regulation. Their website doesn't really make this clear to me.

Assuming they do have partial regulation, are the Peak Solutions lights any good?

E

EchoSierraTwo

partial for sure. its on the site somewhere. was just browsing there. I want a AAA light to. I just dont like the way they look and the screwable tailcap? Just another way for it to unscrew and loose it as far as i can see.

chrisse242

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Furious_Tiger said:
partial for sure. its on the site somewhere. was just browsing there. I want a AAA light to. I just dont like the way they look and the screwable tailcap? Just another way for it to unscrew and loose it as far as i can see.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldn't worry about the tailcp unscrewing by itself. I have two of their aaa-bodys (with arc heads) and the tailcap is a great feature in my opinion. I don't care about the added length. It allows easy lanyard or keychain attachment, is easily detachable (still very secure IMO) and allows a nice candle mode. As soon as there are heads with one led, and the same brightness and beam profile this other famous aaa light has, I'll buy several of them. Those snow coloured led's sound great too.

Chrisse

*Retired*
I've carried my 7 LED UV for several months now, haven't had issues with unscrewing at all. Its pretty dang sweet, and though I use it often at work, it is still running on the battery it came with.

RonM

Flashlight Enthusiast
I prefer the Peak's tailcap configuration as well, but it would be nice if they could get it a little closer to Arc sized. That said, I really haven't noticed the increased size EDC'ing it.