please give me ideas how to make money at home

raggie33

*the raggedier*
i have a cool optuinty to buy a small place .its basicaly a hotel room pretty small but ina luzury place.right on the beach .but the unit if thinking of dont face ocean but a 3 minute walk and im in the ocean water.ilove the ocean. i hate where i live now. but i dont make enough money even with a 30 year morgage . the place i can get for like 40 k .maybe less maybe more. but as some of ya know i dont do well in crowds as mater a fact i seldem leave my hosue any more. i cant explain why.just the way it is. so i need ideas how to make money out of my home im good at building computers and stuff. im a hard worker

Mutie

Enlightened
Raggie,

You seem to be pretty skilled at the computer stuff. That would be my option. Do you program also? Or do any web design? Those would be some other areas to check out.

Mutie

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Can you still work at home repairing/upgrading PCs and still make money at it? I worked at a small computer shop. I think we gave excellent value for the dollar, especially on the customer service end but we slowly got squeezed by the Best Buy's and CompUSA's. I now just do a few repairs a year for friends at work. Not to stray from the original post and subject, maybe in Raggie's area, the competition isn't quite as tough.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
thats what stinks i know my heart that my pc,s are good. they will smoke any name brand pc,s. well alien ware is good but there very expensve. but ya can get a pc at walmart cheaper then i can make one before profit

Tree

Flashlight Enthusiast
There's a pretty big market down here for computer repair. Anything from hardware problems to "how do I check my email?". As far as custom built PC's even though Wally World can sell what they have cheaper, you can customise it for the individual.

It's good money if you can do it. You might even be able to get everyone to come to you. Do a good job for a reasonable price and word will spread!

Good luck!

Spudman

Enlightened
Raggie,

I can forward you some of the emails I get every-single-day-of-my-life that promise to help me make $1500 to $3000 extra per month from home. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Sorry man, I'm no help. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif Hang in there.

_mike_

Flashlight Enthusiast
With building computers comes the after sale support which can chew up your time and profits pretty quickly. If your leaning that direction, maybe just do repair work on the side for $30-$60 an hour for labor, depending on what the market is in your area. Try to undercut the big guys.

Myself and another guy started a computer repair business a couple years ago. I have since left (on good terms) but has has continued it. We either tried to fix them in the customers house or brought them back to the shop we had setup. The rule we used was if it was going to require special equipment or take longer that 15-20 minutes....it went with us to the shop. If we fixed it there, they got charged one hour worth of labor. Since we didn't have a store front we only did pickup and delivery. If parts were needed, we would contact the customer and either have them pick it up somewhere or we would order it. We made our money off labor, not parts. In any case, this requires a working car and the willingness to leave your dwelling. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

But man, the older population LOVED that. They hated trying to figure out how to tear it all down and then put it all together when they got it back. It also allowed us to ensure everything was in fact working correctly as we had the customer sit down and run through things. Saved lots of rework headaches.

Frangible

Enlightened
You might not like leaving the house, but guess what? Almost no one likes having to work. If any of us won the lottery, we'd probably quit our jobs. I don't know anyone that works at their job purely out of love for it. They work out of necessity. Like it or not, you're probably going to need to seek employment eventually.

Any business you start at home will likely fail. (or any business period, for that matter) Further, it takes money to start a business which you may not have, and doing anything yourself, opens you up to liability, and you have to jump through some legal holes in declaring a business, etc.

You can get a job as a computer bench tech, but it doesn't pay very well, nor does it have benefits. Most bench tech jobs require A+ certifications.

Probably the best paying job for the least amount of schooling is a LPN, which is a 2-year degree. Or, if you go for 4 years, you can become a RN and get paid more.

If you don't want to go to school at all, you can try something like janitorial work. It typically pays more than minimum wage and offers benefits. However, getting a degree is more than worth it in the long run.

For secondary income, one option is to sell your plasma. You can make $200/month selling plasma 8 times per month, but this carries a 3/10000 risk of death every time you donate according to the FDA.

Another is the National Guard, or Air National Guard. This doesn't pay any better than the plasma donation, though, and you might end up getting sent to Iraq, making military service your primary job for an undetermined amount of time.

_mike_

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Frangible said:
You might not like leaving the house, but guess what? Almost no one likes having to work. If any of us won the lottery, we'd probably quit our jobs. I don't know anyone that works at their job purely out of love for it. They work out of necessity. Like it or not, you're probably going to need to seek employment eventually.

Any business you start at home will likely fail. (or any business period, for that matter) Further, it takes money to start a business which you may not have, and doing anything yourself, opens you up to liability, and you have to jump through some legal holes in declaring a business, etc.

You can get a job as a computer bench tech, but it doesn't pay very well, nor does it have benefits. Most bench tech jobs require A+ certifications.

Probably the best paying job for the least amount of schooling is a LPN, which is a 2-year degree. Or, if you go for 4 years, you can become a RN and get paid more.

If you don't want to go to school at all, you can try something like janitorial work. It typically pays more than minimum wage and offers benefits. However, getting a degree is more than worth it in the long run.

For secondary income, one option is to sell your plasma. You can make $200/month selling plasma 8 times per month, but this carries a 3/10000 risk of death every time you donate according to the FDA.

Another is the National Guard, or Air National Guard. This doesn't pay any better than the plasma donation, though, and you might end up getting sent to Iraq, making military service your primary job for an undetermined amount of time.

[/ QUOTE ]

PENALTY FLAG!!

For trying to pass off negativity and useless suggestions as helpful information to raggie. You will be assessed a penalty of no personal fullfilment in your life or job advancement.

Resume play........

Frangible

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]

Frangible, what you said, while being very pragmatic, is not very helpful, positive nor encouraging to raggie...

[/ QUOTE ]

How's that? Everything I said was helpful, logical, researched, and on-topic. I don't recall that I flamed anyone else's ideas. "Positive"? I contributed many realistic suggestions, if that's not positive, I don't know what is. Encouraging? Well, my goal wasn't to encourage him. My goal was to provide him with information about options available to him. He must provide his own encouragement and ultimate choice-- I don't make his decisions for him.

[ QUOTE ]
For trying to pass off negativity and useless suggestions

[/ QUOTE ]

Nothing I said was useless, and I resent your insult that it was. Telling him to start his own business is dangerous and risky. You could at least inform him of the risks.

DaGunn

Newly Enlightened
I think Frangible's statements were helpful. I on the other hand, will blow some sunshine up raggies's butt with this advice. Don't leave your home for even one minute... if you do Ed McMahon and the Publisher's Clearinghouse Prize truck will drive right on by to the next house on their list. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/nana.gif

Frangible

Enlightened
Reggie,

If you have a mental illness that affects your ability to work, you might want to talk to your doctor for ideas; I know I for one am certainly not qualified to give any advice along those lines, nor do I understand the nature of your illness.

cobb

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oh please, glad I did not ask this question.

Sounds to me like service would be the route to go. Provide tech support over the phone for computers. That way you can tell granny how to check her mail, etc from your home, use your number and charge them so much a month for so many minutes or sell like gift cards, etc for the service. Use the classifieds to advertise. Likewise if you have ahn right brain ability such as fortune reading, remote viewing etc.

Myself I make some money from ads on my website. You could make one and get advertisors for it, or sell articles you write.

I am currently a telemarketer and they are entertaining the idea of letting me do it from home since I live on the east coast and can call across the time zones for several hours before the end of the business day in the pst one. already the daughter and son do that from home. Telemarketing aint bad, it pays well and in my case comission too. I got over 320 bucks buring a hole in my pocket and very tempted to buy another flashlight although I just bought the xpg from my last comission.

flashlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Frangible said:
[ QUOTE ]

Frangible, what you said, while being very pragmatic, is not very helpful, positive nor encouraging to raggie...

[/ QUOTE ]

How's that? Everything I said was helpful, logical, researched, and on-topic. I don't recall that I flamed anyone else's ideas. "Positive"? I contributed many realistic suggestions, if that's not positive, I don't know what is. Encouraging? Well, my goal wasn't to encourage him. My goal was to provide him with information about options available to him. He must provide his own encouragement and ultimate choice-- I don't make his decisions for him.

[/ QUOTE ]

Erm, yes it was very logical, practical & realistic - that's what pragmatic means. But not very positive, helpful or on-topic because he said 'at home' & most of your suggestions are not within his means or capabilities or come with some dreadful caveat like 'risk of death' /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif ...