Maglight drop-in LED?

chiphead

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm looking for a drop-in Luxeon-3/LED module to fit a MagLight 3 or 4 D cell unit. Anything that well get rid of that solar eclipes (spot) that appears while using a wide beam. Besides,there's nothing like a Big-Mag if you've got to go upside someone's head! Such is the society in which we live.

chiphead /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jpshakehead.gif

lasercrazy

Flashlight Enthusiast
The only thing I know of are the diamond replacement bulbs and they have some serious heat problems. Just drop in an everled, that's what I did and it works fine.

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast
LEDs improve the beam quality GREATLY vs the incandescent bulbs, but when you fully defocus the lens to flood, you still get the black hole in the center. I recommend you upgrade to LED and check out the Lexan Diffusion Film (LDF) series of lenses from www.flashlightlens.com - that'll really fix up the beam.

greg_in_canada

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have Scotch Satin tape on the stock lens of my EverLed
(side emitter) maglite.

Don't know if the new lambertian EverLeds are better for
the hole in the middle effect.

Greg

JimH

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
INRETECH said:
Look into our TRILIGHT-3 for the 4D MagLite

[/ QUOTE ]

I have a Trilight-3. Can't say enough good things about it. It is probably my most often grabbed for light when I have to go outside and check on what the dogs are barking at. Ample throw at intermediate distances and very nice side spill.

I sometime use it as a room light (just for fun), by standing it on it's tail.

When you want a very fine, highly capable, full sized flashlight, the Trilight-3 more than fits the bill.

BatteryCharger

Flashlight Enthusiast
Another vote for EverLED. Sure, it's only 1 watt, but my 2D mag with an Everled FAR outshines my 5D mag with an overdriven 4 cell bulb. It's even brighter with a 3 or 4 cell mag. Plus the batteries last FOREVER. (with 4 cells, the EverLED only draws around 230ma - alkaline D's are around 18,000mah)

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
KevinL said:
LEDs improve the beam quality GREATLY vs the incandescent bulbs, but when you fully defocus the lens to flood, you still get the black hole in the center. I recommend you upgrade to LED and check out the Lexan Diffusion Film (LDF) series of lenses from www.flashlightlens.com - that'll really fix up the beam.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed, Everled plus LDF lens works miracles on Maglite beams. You go from the terrible stock beam to a very good beam, and its an easy upgrade to do!

cy

Flashaholic
I've got a 4.5V Mag drop in luxeon module possibly for sale, Please PM

chiphead

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks guys! Although I love my LEDs and 6Ps etc, I can find all sorts of 3rd party attacments for a Maglight!

chiphead

Northernflame

Newly Enlightened
Interesting.

I'm also interest. However for the 6 D cell mag light.

There must be an everled or luxeon drop in that will take 9vDC? Must also be fucusable (here new word for the day).

Also I made a converter for the same 6D maglight, to use 6 C cells instead. In my expreience the only diference would be that the batteries wound not last as long.

enjoy.