Daily LED Uses? EDC???

Dennis

Newly Enlightened
As a confirmed Flashaholic, I have collected lots of LED lights over the years. ARC AAA LE, Inova X5 & X5T, C Crane big and small, Cuffmates, PR bulbs, and dozens of Photons to name a few. However, no matter what cool light I buy, I still only use the little white Photon 2 on my keyring. My main EDC is an SF E2, with a 10x and/or M6 when working.

It's not that I don't like the other LED lights, I just can't find a daily use for them. I only have so much pocket and belt space and I either only need a little light, Photon, or real light, E2/M6/10x. All the rest of the kinda bright but not real flashlight bright LED lights have me at a loss.

So please help... What are some of the daily advantages of using all these new LED lights coming out? (Not that I'll stop buying them!)

Thanks,

Dennis.

Wits' End

Flashlight Enthusiast
Remote NEast Minnesota, next to Lake Superior
I use my Infinity when walking in true dark, or the Arc LE when walking in lighter dark. If I want to see something at a distance (in the dark) I use my Scorpion.
I don't have an LS light yet but I hope it will take the place of any incan, but I won't hold my breath. I still feel the slightly larger LED lights are better than the Photon due to battery type. And we have a large variety of LED lights to use for chores because we love the durability and battery life.

revolvergeek

Flashlight Enthusiast
I always carry a couple of Photons around on my multiple keyrings. For the last 3 weeks I have been wearing an ARC AAA LE on a bead chain around my neck. Depending on what sort of work I will be doing, I may drop a PT Attitude in my pocket also.

sotto

Flashlight Enthusiast
When crossing wide, busy streets at night, twirling my ARC AAA on a lanyard makes me much more noticeable to motorists.

sunspot

Flashlight Enthusiast
I carry an Arc-LE loose in my pocket with a green traser on it. My second choice is a Photon II. Why? Overall, the LE is brighter for longer. It may be larger than a Photon but is still in the small catagory of lights.

GerryC

Newly Enlightened
Quite a few of these LED lights are ideal for hiking after dark. The problem with normal flashlites is that they are too bright or too focused. The ideal hiking light has a somewhat diffused beam. The Attitude that I have works perfectly. Doesn't impact your night vision.

Quickbeam

Flashlight Enthusiast
Dennis -

I feel your pain. I now have many of these little critters and I like just about all of them, but yet I have 2 Photon II's (1 red and 1 white) on my keychain that are often the only lights I carry.

My E2 is in the bottom of my daily carry work briefcase and rarely sees use since I don't need a flashlight at work.

When I go out walking near twilight the Scorpion goes with me for longer distance bursts and the Tektite Expedition 300 comes along as the "light-up-the-sidewalk-without-worrying-about-the-batteries" torch.

The rest see occasional use as necessary...

EMPOWERTORCH

Enlightened
I have a host of LED modded torches, but my favorite sll rounder is my BT2 Cyan. It is a pocketable torch with a 30 degree beam and is exceedingly bright. I have a longbeam Toshiba Orange equipped BT2 torch which can shine and pick objects out hundreds of metres away, and is a good nightwalking torch. It's beam is very "filament-torch-like" but it doesn't affect my night vision too badly. But my EDC is the cyan...

Doug Meister

Newly Enlightened
I am somewhat new to LED lights. All I have are 4 Photons and a 3 LED Night Blaster (yikes thats a misnomer) and today I just got my Ultra-G. I guess the Ultra-G has to be the winner for EDC, but I prolly wont carry it all day or every day. I usually plan ahead and take a light for the occasion before I leave the house. But I do have my white photon in a pouch on my belt along with a modded Leatherman Micra tool. That along with another Leatherman and my Buck "Jack" knife are my EDC things. I could not be let on an airplane because I always carry my "Jack" knife even to church. That is a rule carved in stone for me.

I have a few dive lights which are still my favorites. So with more lights than I can carry in both hands, in my mouth, and strapped to my head - - - why am I still collecting more lights? I guess its because I am maniacally crazed for LED lights.
hihi.gif

--Ðøug
grin.gif

rodmeister

Enlightened
The ARC LS with the CR123 module is my new EDC. Bright as a conventional 2-D cell flashlight with a smoother white light. But it's about the size of single "C" battery cell. You will not regret buying one.

I still carry my ARC AAA as a backup for nightshift work, and occasionally as my EDC when I don't wan't to carry the bulkier ARC LS.

I hardly ever use my Photon II anymore, but it is ALWAYS on my keychain for emergencies.

curvie

Newly Enlightened
I used to carry around a photon. Great light for its size. Then I discovered cpf... and qickly discovered ARC. Soon enough, my EDC became an ARC LE. (been carrying it since nov 01') Just recently, I was granted the opportunity at my first ARC LS from a very gracious cpf member. And that became my EDC.

It is a bit bulkier than the ARC LE, but I'm still amazed at the light output. I also, recently got an Ultra-G and have been considering using that as my EDC... for fear of harming my ARC LS... But if I was going to carry the Ultra-G, I might as well carry the ARC LE... It's smaller and brighter than the Ultra. And if size was really of concern... than you really can't beat the photons... sorta going of track now... but yeah, I'm still carrying my ARC LS daily.
smile.gif

cheers,

Victor

jtivat

Flashlight Enthusiast
When working back stage at show I need to use a light to read or see equipment to make adjustments and a LED is perfect it lets me see without blinding me.

D

**DONOTDELETE**

I know a guy in France who lives "off the grid" in France. In Europe, batteries are sorted for trash and resyk, so bins of used batteries are easy to find. The commune lights their place for nothing. They scavenge used LED's and spent batteries from trash (guess they have a map or something). Connect the two, muliply by 100's and you have free lighting.

hm