Zweibrüder Triplex V2

Deth

Newly Enlightened
This light can apparently be found under other monickers (Edie Bauer at Target for one), but I picked mine up at my local Fry's Electronics. This version is distributed by Coast Cutlery.

Anyhoo, as a complete novice to LED lighting I wasn't sure what to expect, but have been very pleasantly surprised with the output quality. It has three LEDs deeply recessed in the head, which probably explains the lack of lens or other cover, and the body appears to be aluminum, though it's got a nice heft for it's rather small size (about 7 inches?)

I like the fact that it's not of traditional twist on variety, and instead has a button just below the head. I guess it wouldn't be advisable if you carry it in a belt pouch, but for just sitting on my tech bench it's fine
smile.gif

The light is very white and very even and seems to well light a 200 square foot room. And it's great for working on a motherboard under a table, especially if someone yanked the front panel power switch connector
smile.gif
No excessive glare unlike my Mini Mag 2AA.

The only thing which baffles me is the holes drilled around the circumference of the head. They're for stylistic purposes I assume, since even when the head is mostly unscrewed they let very little light out.

And yes I know there have been a few other topics regarding Zweibrüder lights, but few customer testimonials.

ledfoot

Newly Enlightened
Recently I purchased the V2 at Shopko. It is normally $24.99 and is on sale for $19.99. It uses three N cells instead of the CR2 lithiums that it initially came with. The V8 is on sale for $7.99 and is usually $9.99. I think that these are pretty good lights except for extreme/wet environments.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
The one I have uses CR2 lithiums, which aren't available where I live. That's the only real thing I dislike about it. The light output is decent for a little three-banger, it has a nice feel in the hand, and I'm pretty sure it even comes with a spare cover for the switch in case it somehow comes off and becomes lost.

Slick

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just bought one of these nad did a write-up and comparison to a PT Attitude in this thread..

It's a nice light and I have to say I really like it. It is a bit heavy for it's size tho..

Deth

Newly Enlightened
I actually like the heft of the light, though I'm sure the ultra-compact crowd might view it as more than a bit bulky.

ledfoot

Newly Enlightened
After playing with this light for several weeks now, I can say that I really like it. The brightness and beam pattern are great, N cells are easy to come by, and it feels great in the hand. The only thing that I don't like about it is that it is not more water resistant. I'm too cheap to push it very far...that's what umbrellas are made for I guess. When it rains I can just put it in a resealable sandwich bag..problem solved!
grin.gif