HELP my QIII clip snaped.

Spidey82

Enlightened
Help everyone, my QIII clip broke, it snap into 2. i though its flexable.
the clip is really to weak to my usage as i use it to carry in my front pocket,
Its to replace my E2. but the clip is so weak, i took it off and bend it. but it broke. help. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/help.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/help.gif

LifeNRA

Flashaholic*
I am sure some members here have taken their clips off of their Q3's. Maybe you could ask in the BST board if someone is willing to sell you one.

Mags

Flashlight Enthusiast
oh cmon sell a clip? well, there are sometimes evil, selfish people out there that would make so much trouble over a small strip of metal but for the most part, people here are very friendly. I know some people on this forum and have not met a single person that has a cold personality or is mean. Just kindly ask for one and there will be someone who is kind enough to send you one.

LifeNRA

Flashaholic*
Well the basic idea was to ask someone to sell him one and then I am sure someone would step forward and give him one for free. I would myself if I had one.
I was raised to never ask or beg for anything. I think it is rude to do so. But if he offered to buy one then like I said I am sure someone would just give him one.

Gandalf

Enlightened
There was a fellow who recently needed a Mag reflector and lens. I did ask for for a small amount of money to cover shipping expenses, but nothing for the parts themselves. I wasn't using them, and was happy to help out somebody who needed them. That's almost always the case with small flashlight 'parts' of little instinsic value here on CPF..... except to the person who needs it! The QIII is pretty popular; there's bound to be somebody who has taken the clip off...and would be happy to help you out, I'd bet! I sure hope so, anyway! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

soloco

Enlightened
I took my clip off. If you pay for shipping, I'll give it to you for .... $1!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

PM me if you want it.

Spidey82

Enlightened
where is Honolulu? i live in singapore, anyone living near me doesn't need the clip?
Btw, how do i bend the clip so that i can get a strong hold from it?
anyone carry in the front pocket?

Morganch_oh

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Spidey82 said:
where is Honolulu?

[/ QUOTE ]

Guess??
Clue
1) On a Small island in the middle of Pacific Ocean.
2) Where the Japanese did their sucide airplane bombing?

Robocop

Moderator, *Mammoth Killer*
Have you thought about moving the clip to another location on the light if this is even possible?...I have read that the clip is one of the weaker points about this otherwise very popular light.Since yours is broken I wonder if it would even be worth the trouble to try and make 2 new mounting points farther up on the light for better carry and even a totally different clip...Just curious as I have one of these headed my way very soon and have thought about the problem with the clip.

w0mbatinoz

Newly Enlightened
I am in Perth....... just down below you.
Let me know your address and it's in the mail.....

What goes around comes around after all.
Should take 2-3 days to get there.

Cheers
--Steve

Robban

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Mags_suk said:
oh cmon sell a clip? well, there are sometimes evil, selfish people out there that would make so much trouble over a small strip of metal but for the most part, people here are very friendly. I know some people on this forum and have not met a single person that has a cold personality or is mean. Just kindly ask for one and there will be someone who is kind enough to send you one.

[/ QUOTE ]
Surefire is one of those evil "people". I asked them about a long clip for the L4. They referred me to a reseller who referred me back to surefire who referred me to a reseller... aaaanyways, I finally got a hold of a seller for it. They wanted about $15 if I remember correctly... For a freakin piece of metal. insane.

Sorry for the rant, I had to vent /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Spidey82

Enlightened
if u were to try it, do let me know the outcome
thanx
linfeng
[ QUOTE ]
Robocop said:
wonder if it would even be worth the trouble to try and make 2 new mounting points farther up on the light for better carry and even a totally different clip...Just curious as I have one of these headed my way very soon and have thought about the problem with the clip.

[/ QUOTE ]