flashlight gift suggestion

kessler

Newly Enlightened
Well, the gift is for me. My wife wants to get me a flashlight this holiday season but wants suggestions. I just got a stinger and it's awesome. A nice pocketable one might be good (123 form factor), but I'm open to anything.

If you had none of the lights you currently have (assume you have a stinger), and someone was going to buy you a light, which one or two would you suggest they consider? It shouldn't be more that about $100.

-Kess

john_bud

Newly Enlightened
How about an Inova T-Series light? T1 single 123 batt, T2 two 123 batt, T3 two 123 batt and a large reflector. All are regulated and made in the USA.

John Bud

AuroraLite

Enlightened
I would too recommend the E series light and Pelican M6 since they are good lights with decent spec, pocketable(PM6 is a little heavy, but still do-able), and have many good potential to be modded and/or play 'SF lego' with.

On the other hand, I'd say get something that you would use on a regular basis so she would appreciate you using it...or something that you have longed for which you normally would not get for yourself.

Enjoy!

kessler

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
AuroraLite said:

On the other hand, I'd say get something that you would use on a regular basis so she would appreciate you using it...or something that you have longed for which you normally would not get for yourself.

Enjoy!

[/ QUOTE ]

this is a very, very good point, but it won't be a problem. If it is pocketable, it will be there ... until I freakin loose it (e.g. my 5th anniversary Benchmade pocket knife /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif )!

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast
The E2e is fantastic, not just in itself, but because of the awesome array of options available to it.

There are three 'series' of Surefires you can buy into - the Executive series (E2e), C-series, and the Millenium series. Many users on CPF favor the E-series. For some reason however, I myself like the C-series lights. Personal preference really /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif probably because my normal working dress allows me to carry C-series lights unobtrusively. I do own some of each though - roughly fifty fifty.

Roy

Farewell our Curmudgeon Administrator
Check the B/S/T forums for a Fire`Fly or a Black Bird! Bright and small!!!

kessler

Newly Enlightened
thanks all for the suggestions /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thanks.gif
I'm dreaming of the e2e /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/sleepy.gif
favorite suggestions are still welcome /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

greenLED

Flashaholic
If you're into building stuff yourself and haven't done it before, maybe your wife can get you some parts for a couple of sammies?

Mags

Flashlight Enthusiast
its like a sandwich. You know, like the MadMax drop in. I have one and its GREAT. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/happy14.gif