Let's talk LH carry options...

xochi

Flashlight Enthusiast
Let\'s talk LH carry options...

Hey , I am interested in lionheart carry options and the threads are pretty spread out so I thought it might be good to start a thread to get it all in one place.

Personally, I am REALLY interested in a quality pocketclip for the lionheart. I've found that although they can be rough on pants they really help insure that the light it's attached to is always with me. What carry options are YOU interested in ....?

Fitz

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Let\'s talk LH carry options...

A pocket clip would be great- Holsters are OK, but not for dress clothes.

TrueBlue

Flashlight Enthusiast

I was considering the RipOffs CO-12. No one at cpf has that holster? Or no one has that holster and a LionHeart too tell me if the holster works?

MrMimizu

Enlightened

I'm fine just putting it in my pocket.
I'm more concerned with the UCL and possible scratches and breakages. Getting something like a beam shaper with a protective lens which I can flip up when I need to use the LH might be nice.

DavidR

Newly Enlightened

My original idea was to carry this in my pocket. Can anybody that has one tell me tell me how well this works? Is a holster or another carry option a must have?

Zackerty

Enlightened

I do Kydex work all the time.
Look up Bud Nealy's MCS systems on the 'net( he is a knifemaker) and if you get the idea, you can get someone to make you a "holster" that clips inside a jacket or suit pocket, where you pull the LH downwards to get it out.
sounds confusing, maybe... I don't own a LionHeart, other wise I would make one up to show you fellows.
I make something similar for Mini Mags, and 6P's, so I know it can be done...

http://www.budnealyknifemaker.com/mcs-about.html

I might post a pic of a Mini Mag Holster here, if you want.
I am sure somone local to you could whip one up in less than 30 minutes.
Stu

TrueBlue

Flashlight Enthusiast

An an option you might consider the pepper spray holsters in the 2 oz. size. I tried an old holster for my LH.
LH_holster.jpg

I found a WEB PAGE that sell holster for pepper spray. I'm sure if you Google you'll find a lot more sites. The nylon holster that is third from the left looks like it would work because that holster size is right and would have adjustable Velcro snaps.

OH, don't you just hate the sound of Velco ripping?

spray_holders.jpg

Trev1960

Newly Enlightened

Any ideas on a lanyard attachement? I have always felt this was the weakest part of the design, it would have been so easy for Charlie to have put a lanyard attachment point on..........

raggie33

*the raggedier*

darrel where do ya get them tabs things?i see the ones for cell phone at store. but not the netal ones like that.ive drilled and taped parts on cars before.and lawnmower

Flatscan

Enlightened

The Shoppe carries them, "swivel tab" in the Flashlight Accessories section. Looks like they're out of stock at the moment.

Klaus

Flashlight Enthusiast

Seems somewhat like a Sakrileg but the LH nicely fits a QIII holster

Klaus

raggie33

*the raggedier*

cool ill check the shoppe out.i like hangingthe lh on my wall when im home with that set up

Haesslich

Flashlight Enthusiast

Raggie - remember that you need to drill through the LH, but the bit shouldn't be too big. Look in the "I drilled a hole in my Lionheart" thread for the bit-size. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Braddah_Bill

Enlightened

[ QUOTE ]
haveblue said:
I was considering the RipOffs CO-12. No one at cpf has that holster? Or no one has that holster and a LionHeart too tell me if the holster works?

[/ QUOTE ]

Inboost posted a picture for me awhile back but i dont know how the put up the link for the post, I did however get the side view picture...and yes the Rip Off CO-12 works very well.
You just have to cut off the logo off the front flap.

LHCO12S.jpg

MR Bulk

Flashaholic

The LH Pocket Clip is a-comin'...

But PUHLEEEZE, no questions until later, VACATION FIRST.

diggdug13

Flashlight Enthusiast

I guess I can wait for a pocket clip till AFTER you get back from your vacation (I guess you deserve it after this gem of a project you and your HAT team did for us)

If some are looking for flashlight holsters until the Pocket clips become avail(that can be changed to fit almost any size) try www.maxpedition.com they make all sorts of stuff (I don't know how to make a link in a post so sorry bout the web address.

Doug

robstarr-lite

Newly Enlightened

Darell, i like how ya placed that glow tube in the LH body. was it an easy fit? did ya use a particular glue? ( also wonder if these would also fit on the VIP as well )

thxs, rob

Darell

Flashaholic

robstarr-

Turns out that the vials will fit in ANY light - as long as you first machine a groove big enough to fit it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif I widened one of the head fin slots to fit it in the LionHeart. I mounted these with two-part expoxy, but I have some UV-cured epoxy on the way to make it a bit easier for next time.