Hello all... This forum is awesome!

flash....

Enlightened
This is my first real post here at CPF.
I could not believe that my affliction (LED, Laser & Gadget Freak) was so well accepted and normal until I found this site.
I thought I was all alone and that having thousands of Leds and tons of flashlights and Lasers was abnormal.
That was of course before I found this forum.

I thought I would add this thread and say hello to all!!!

Below is a sampling of some of my projects...
I just got in 5 Luxeon Stars and two Light Tags.
In the pic you will see a Trek 7 I altered to a Trek 13 and a 25 Nicha 3d cannon I made from a Radio Shack water proof special.
I plan on spending lots of time here and hope to contribute as much as I can to this community.
1-1-4.jpg

Hope the image is not too big for forum rules.

Flash....

yclo

Flashaholic*
Welcome!!
Arc AAA... Arc AAA...

That clear plastic sheet lit up by leds in the base is something that I've been wanting to do for a long time! It's really nice how the pattern/writing lights up like that. Are they just engraving on one side of the sheet and only lit from the bottom?

YC

txwest

Flashlight Enthusiast
Welcome....If you came here looking for help for your affliction, you're in trouble.....But if you're looking for support for a good "habit", you're in the right place. TX

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
Welcome to our humble adobe... I mean, abode.
smile.gif

Nice little collection of homebrews you've got. The picture is fine, don't worry. Personally, I like to keep the width of embedded pictures at or below 640, but nobody will bite your mouse hand if you slip and post one that's a bit bigger.
smile.gif

You can always just use a link if you have a real monster.

Light Tags... for awhile I thought you meant Tag Lights, and I spent several minutes looking on your bench for them and didn't find them. They are tiny little LED flashlights barely larger than a stink bug. I see now you were referring to those name tag things at the lower left.

Well, I'll let someone else take the stand now...

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
flash....-

Welcome.

Wow! Nice introduction.
This post may catch on fire.

yclo-

Saaby is watching. (Arc AAA...Arc AAA)

Saaby

Flashaholic
Yeah...what they said.

I mean honestly, how can you not love the little thing

x.gif

brightnorm

Flashaholic
Originally posted by flash....:
This is my first real post here at CPF....
Flash....
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Welcome aboard Flash. Your entrance into our special world is most welcome, and quite dramatic!

Brightnorm

flash....

Enlightened
Thanks all!
A very warm welcome indeed.
I knew after reading this forum for a while, what a good bunch of folks were here.

Yclo said...
"Are they just engraving on one side of the sheet and only lit from the bottom?"

Yep, exactly... I found that Lucite OHM's law plaque at my local Electronics surplus house (SkyCraft) I think it was primarily used in high school basic ACDC classes.
Anyhow I Lit it from underneath with 4 5600mcd White Nichas wired in parallel. I use a standard Nokia Cell phone wall Xformer that comes 99% of all Nokia phones. It puts out 3.7VDC/340ma. It makes a perfect Nicha LED supply.

I'll post more detail on some of the other stuff soon.

Charles Bradshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
Welcome, Flash! You will find we all have the same addiction. It is a wonderful one at that.

Walk always in the Light of the Luxeon Star!