New LED at Walmart

RonM

Flashlight Enthusiast
Came upon a new Energizer headlamp at Walmart. The package simply says Energizer LED Essentials. It's a headlamp from the PT Tikka and Aurora school of thought. Single strap, small tilt head, 3 AAA batts.

The switch selects between 1 red LED or 2 lens focused white LEDs. The lenses do a nice job of focusing the two LEDs into one distinct spot with enough stray light around the center to be useful as well. I'm traveling and don't have any other light to compare it to, but I'd say it's probably as bright as the Brinkman Longlife but with a hot spot that's substantially larger. The spot covers most of a paperback novel when reading in bed.

Build quality seems iffy. Wouldn't trust it in the rain. Lifetime guarantee. Price was $18, I think.

Package says:
1 red LED for better night vision.
2 white LEDs run 8 times longer than Eveready krypton headlights.

All in all I think it's pretty cool for a cheapie headlamp.
tongue.gif

RonM

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's a slide switch, located on top of the lens assembly. Center is off. One way is red the other way is white.

Forgot to mention that one downside to this headlamp is the size of the band. I've got a small head and even I need to set it to full length.

Plinko

Newly Enlightened
Did you buy it at Walmart, or Target? This light has been available at Target for quite some time now, and has been discussed on the board previously. Another downside is the lack of waterproofing...so when it rains, you're taking a chance. Cute light though, especially the way they make use of the lenses to focus the two outer LED's.

RonM

Flashlight Enthusiast
You guys are right. It did come from Target. $15.

Here's some pics:
enhl1.JPG

enhl4.JPG

hpcjerry

Newly Enlightened
Resurrecting this old thread... I just got back from one of the walmarts in Nashua, NH. They were closing out a bunch of flashlights for $5, I picked up this exact model and just tried turned on a minute ago. My first LED flashlight, you guys are having a bad influence.