SUREFIRE 2005 CATALOG AVAILABLE!!! WOOHOO!!!

KDOG3

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just downloaded it and wow. Great Stuff. THe best part for me is reading that the re-introduced 9P will only be 75 bucks, and will be available in 30 days!!! YESSSS!!!!

Flashlight Enthusiast
E1L....wow, looks good.

Except if its using the my opinion says useless optics that the new KL1 conversion head uses. I hope this new E1L (E1 with Lux 3) is using the reflector, and not the optics (I hate all the rainbow colored rings that my KL1s produce).

Uggh...there goes that idea. From the picture in the catalog, it IS using the KL1 optics. Won't be buying a E1L anytime soon then, unless they eventually change to the reflector.

KDOG3

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't know, the EL1 is a pretty cool looking little light. It would be great for working on computers, around the house, walking the dog. I don't think I'll be getting that one though. After I get the 9P, that'll make 4 Surefires and I really won't be able to justify that and EL1. Especially when there are those drop in LED lamps that BugOutGear is selling that I can just drop in my old beat up 6P...

Flashlight Enthusiast
Kind of disapointed about the new products. Most of them have been sold in the recent past (9P sold through Meridian Tactical just a few months back as a "Limited Run", desert-tan G2 has been sold recently at online stores, EL1 and EL2 are just Elites with KL1s added). Not really anything new, just stuff that was sold before but not in large volume or scale.

The Desert-tan G2 peaks my interest the most, due to it being a nice color and matching the color of my Camry. I also have some interest in the 9P, since I like the 6P. But...I just bought two 9Ps through Meridian tactical a few months back, so it doesn't really feel like a "new" product.

Will Surefire introduce new models in the middle of a calendar year, like in June for example?

GJW

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hmmm....
Says that the E2D comes with a LOTC and lists the clickie as an option.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

KDOG3

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Well, do I speak for everyone when I say FINALLY!!!?!!?!?!?!

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup. The countdown is on for me. 9P. 30 days. Now I've got to Pick accessories... Oh, the possibilities!!!

mokona2

Enlightened
Hmm.. just did a quick read of the catalog myself. Does anyone have any more information on the "Hellfire" HID?

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast
Headed out there at the speed of DSL... (wishing I had fiber to the desktop, but no... 2 minutes wait is 3 minutes too long!)

The celeb photos are all there.. Willie Hunt for the first time /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif PK with hair looking wilder and wilder each year /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif (is that the Photon King 2 on the desk with the PK logo?) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

The Beast, our limited edition 25th anniversary model, is but the first HID light that will emerge from SureFire. Our engineers are hard at work on even better HID illumination tools.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/takeit.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/paypal.gif (I wish I had the money!)

We finally have *REAL* lumen specs on the new KL1 that reflect its upgraded capabilities. No way is that sucker "15 lumens". I've always said it was 30 and they now say it too /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

"Custom engraved logos are available for the 6P and 9P" - let's hear it for the CPF 9P /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I see the A2 has received the CUT OFF!! treatment as well /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

PS: The Tactical Lights 2005 catalog contains the PERFECT explanation of candlepower vs lumens! We now have a canned answer, that question comes up often around here.

THE-COMPANY-WHICH-MUST-NOT-BE-NAMED made it into the catalog too! (credit goes to js for that phrase /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif) Not a very flattering appearance either /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif you need not ask, just read the catalog for yourself.

That catalog has all the technical explanations not covered in the main illumination tools catalog. Great for showing to other folks.

Ray_of_Light

Flashlight Enthusiast
Seen the catalog.

I love having LED lights with the LED selected like DeBeers diamonds.

It drive me nuts having just bought two KL1, an E1e, a E2e and two Z57 to just compose, at much higher price, an E1L and a E2L. And they have the wrong markings on the bodies.

Also, I smell an M6-sized HID in the works. Best start saving now...

Anthony

KDOG3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Cool, let us know when you get the new 9Ps' in!!! Send me a PM if you want. Also, are the 5.11 pants you have the new style?

Techsplorer

Newly Enlightened
Not to dampen your enthusium but I have had the 9P for some time since the original run years ago and they are not all that great. Both the 9P's and the M3's suffer from the same oval beam spot problem unless you add the turbo head (recommended). Also, if you use the P91 high intensity bulb the beam will dull very quickly (like only 10 minutes of use in my experience) to less brightness than the standard P90 bulb. I'm happier just using the P90.

On the plus side, the 9P is just slender and short enough to fit in your pocket without much attention or aggrevation.

KDOG3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, its still a step up from the G2/6P thats for sure....The whole turbohead thing is silly to me, sure it make the beam smaller but the dang thing cost so much you might as well go the the next light up!! I think I'll like the 9P just fine...

Rogue_monkey

Enlightened
why not get the A19 and turn your 6P in an 9P. all ya gotta do is get a P90 and an A19 and your set. you get two lights for a little more then the price of a 6P. and then think of the possibilities of modding it futher. Its like lego for lights.

Codeman

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
KDOG3 said:
I just downloaded it and wow. Great Stuff. THe best part for me is reading that the re-introduced 9P will only be 75 bucks, and will be available in 30 days!!! YESSSS!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks!

I'd be all over a 9P, if I didn't already have a Z3! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif