Not open for further replies.

KenBar

Enlightened
ULTRAG.jpg

TYPE III HARD ANODIZING
LED is sparklilng white...no blue/green etc tint

Case is deep green tint..."British racing green/black"

I bought it here....

Perhaps I just got an extra bright one...but it puts all my others to shame. It is very bright. I really like the finish also.

Got good service....etc...overall real pleased.

Empath

Flashaholic
Originally posted by KenBar:
[Perhaps I just got an extra bright one...but it puts all my others to shame. It is very bright. I really like the finish also.

Got good service....etc...overall real pleased.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I doubt that yours is the exception. The Ultra is simply very well constructed and a very effective system. I'm likewise pleased with mine.

Aluminum Junkie

Newly Enlightened
I have visited this company and these guys are great to deal with in-person as well. They carry very high quality goods, and cater to LEO, and the USG, so their products have to meet certain standards, highly recomended. They also have a very polite dog who greets everyone at the door, and will shake your hand if you are paying any attention!!! BTW, Nick has some awesome watches for those people who want a MIPSPEC timepiece, very nice.

RonM

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wonder how many people were turned off on LED flashlights by the original Inifinity? Let's face it, unless you're into the whole technology aspect of these lights, the original would have been a big disappointment for $20 to most people.

The Ultra is a whole other story. What a great light!

KenBar

Enlightened
Originally posted by Aluminum Junkie:
They carry very high quality goods, and cater to LEO, and the USG, so their products have to meet certain standards, highly recomended. .
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I agree...
I ordered this as well

sprknife1.jpg

as I hate to pay postage for just one item. EVERYONE at work wanted it. It is exceptionally well made. I also want one of every watch they sell..LOL

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Was it ever settled on whether the Ultra, government issue or regular, is regulated or not? I mean regulated not as in being a voltage booster in which it has to be but as in providing more constant light output then non regulated.

D

**DONOTDELETE**

I have mine on order for 15 days now (with an X5T as well)... freakin' military mail takes for-ev-er. Can't wait to be back in the states where priority mail only takes 2-3 days!!!

Charles Bradshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have the civilian version of the Ultra. That comes with neck lanyard and 'pocket' clip. The clip is good for attaching to the bill of a cap. Other than that and the markings, it is the same thing as the Ultra-G.

I also have a regular Infinity (white), which is designed for long runtime, rather than brightness. Brighter is not always better. Depends on the situation. CMG's design philosophy is different from Arc Flashlight and Surefire. So are the target markets.

Klaus

Flashlight Enthusiast
@Charles - IMO the difference between the std ULTRA and ULTRA-G is the later has HA-III while the standard Ultra has HA-II only.

And I believe in another thread it was pointed out that the ULTRA does have regulation and not just a booster - AFAIK the runtime plots which were posted (while being quite different depending on who did them / what cells were used) did show a pretty flat curve which also would be prooving the regulation claim.

Oh and yes - I too like my ULTRA-G a lot - while the ARC AAA LE still kept its EDC status due to size considerations and IMO overall superiority.

Klaus

lemlux

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey Klaus:

Have you worn off any of your HA-III finish off of your knurling yet? Mine has after sharing a key ring, although nowhere near as much as my black anodized ARC AAA's. The rest of the finish has remained unblemished.

I also like my Ultra-G which, like yours, came from the first batch which cost $5 more than the current $19 offer.

Darell

Flashaholic
Originally posted by Klaus:
@Charles - IMO the difference between the std ULTRA and ULTRA-G is the later has HA-III while the standard Ultra has HA-II only.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">The finishes on my single sample of each light is identical. They're either both HA III or HA II. No difference in color, thickness or durability. Except for the engraving and lack of accessories, I find there is NO difference whatsoever. Not in brightness, tint, runtime, or finish. Just price.

sotyakr

Enlightened
I picked up an Ultra-G when they first became available. It works well enough and I do like it, but if I were going to do it over again, I'm not so sure I'd go for the Ultra-G over the 'civilian issue' Ultra for the same reasons mentioned by darell. I suppose to some, the "US Government" engraving might add some cachet, but I'd just as soon have the lanyard and clip for (typically) less money.

Klaus

Flashlight Enthusiast
@lemlux - it gets very light use so-to-say as the new bed-side light for my wife so I can´t comemnt on durability so far - no scratches as there wasn´t anything near it yet being able to scratch it - and I certainly would have liked the new price better too - and a clip and lanyard
frown.gif

@darrel - as I only have one ULTRA-G and no std. ULTRA I can´t comment on it besides the "advertised" difference - which according to countycomm is and was the HAIII - and as far as it looks like the ULTRA is supposed to be just HAII - if you have both available you certainly can do much better judgement than me.

If Darrel is right I do feel a bit bad by countycomms advertising and posts here and think this is close to fraud - look what they write:

QUOTE: Housing is O.D. with TYPE III HARD ANODIZING and engraved "U.S. Government". This finish is not available on civilian models due to the added expense it would require. ENDQUOTE

I would be interested to hear the "real deal" by Countycomm, Infinity or whoever else who can shed some light on this.

Klaus

Klaus

Flashlight Enthusiast
To: [email protected]
Re: Issue on Infinity ULTRA-G vs ULTRA std - HAIII / HAII controversy on CPF

Frank,

pls have a look at

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=3;t=003873

This issue has been going on for months now on CPF with people owning both the std. civilian ULTRA and your ULTRA-G claiming that the anodizing is EXACTLY the same on both lights - and not HA-III on the "G" model and HA-II on the standard.

I would kindly like to ask you to look into the thread and clear this up for us

I want to add that as it looks right now I don´t feel very happy - I payed more for the ULTRA-G from you guys - paying extra shipping in addition - and getting less features (no clip, no lanyard) and basically the same light it seems I could have bought cheaper somewhere else.

Your advertising still states: Housing is O.D. with TYPE III HARD ANODIZING and engraved "U.S. Government". This finish is not available on civilian models due to the added expense it would require

Can you clear this up for my and CPF´s sake ? Possibly some statement directly from Infinity would help as right now we have your advertising and your posts telling us there IS a difference and CPF user reports pointing to the for them obviuosly visible fact that there is NO difference at all - so maybe a post from you repeating the same as you said already won´t help too much as what people experience is different from what you say.

Other CPF members reported that their ULTRA-G was scratched very easily and was in no way as scratch-resistant as the known Surefire and ARC HA-III quality we became used to.

I´m not saying you are cheating the CPF community and sorry if some words sound too strong here (to my defense I can say english isn´t my mother-tongue) but shurly I don´t feel good with what I see right now and I wouldn´t think its OK and possibly even fraud when in fact the lights are the same.

What may have happened is that Infinity screwed up on their first? HA-III process and therefor the ULTRA-G´s are just the same as the standard HA-II - or maybe Infinity upgraded the standard to HA-III as well and the HA-III process they are using is just not up to the standards we know from other companies like the mentioned Surefire and ARC HA-III products.

In any case I strongly feel you should show up on CPF in this thread and clear things up

Thanks

Klaus

This mail is copied to two involved CPF-members as well as being posted on CPF

PeterM

Newly Enlightened
Oh, great. I just ordered one of these. AND NOT on the CPF page that I didn't know about!!! So for $30 I'm trading the clip & lanyard for a "G" inscription?
I also heard somewhere that the beam is supposed to be whiter & centered better than the regular Ultra's. Does anyone know about this?
I got 3 regular Ultra's today for gifts and checked them out. Every beam is WAY off center. The G was going to be for me. Crap.

Status
Not open for further replies.