Have you seen the "PIERCE M10" at eBay?

LitFuse

Flashlight Enthusiast
Have you seen the \"PIERCE M10\" at eBay?

Pierce M10

Dare to compare the PIERCE M10 (switchable) against the Arc LSH and the SureFire E1E flashlight.
High Intensity Pure White LED Flashlight - Smallest yet Brightest 400mA / 1000mA: 3+ Watts
LUXEON FLASHLIGHT for the Serious Enthusiast

flashlightSmall.jpg

Interesting little light, but 1000mA for an hour seems pretty optimistic. Anyone know who is making these, I wonder if they are a CPF member?

Peter

matrixshaman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Have you seen the \"PIERCE M10\" at eBay?

Yes I know who this is - It's moses brother who was making the Arc swithcables out of the LS seconds a while back. I stirred him out of his slumber I believe when I emailed him a couple weeks ago to ask if he still was selling the Arc LS switchable with his mod. I didn't get a reply for 10 days then I got one which said yes he still had some left and to contact him ASAP if I wanted one. I was out a couple hours but got back to him within 3 hours and never heard from him again. The next day his switchable Arc LS was up on Ebay. And now this unit. See this link : http://www.iimaginedesign.com/flashlight/advantage.htm

matrixshaman

Flashlight Enthusiast

I'm not sure if he is a CPF member but brother moses is. Moses got me in contact with him when I was asking for info about the Arc LS switchable I had gotten. I believe his brother is involved with making laser systems for the military.

Robban

Enlightened

Nice looking light I must say. The new body design posted in the Ebay auction looks interesting aswell.

Ophiuchus

Newly Enlightened

Interesting, perhaps I am mistaken, but he seems to have manufactured his own PCB for the LS mods. Of interest for those with damaged PCB?

Wits' End

Flashlight Enthusiast
Remote NEast Minnesota, next to Lake Superior

[ QUOTE ]
Shown above - A new body that is still under development. This body is NOT included in the auction.
New shorter and smaller body. Battery compartment fits battery snugly.
New lanyard design - loop groove instead of hole (shortens overall body length).
New total flashlight length = 2.58 inches
Water resistance in the OFF and ON position
Estimated Time Availability: April 15th (Price: $20)

[/ QUOTE ]
Price? Did they leave a zero off the 20?

Robocop

Moderator, *Mammoth Killer*

I can not remember the values but I read a thread on here about some ARC LS models on E-Bay that were able to be switched between 200 and 400 mAh (I think that was correct) The circuit board had some tape that had to be peeled off to expose a small switch. Is this one of those boards that has somehow been modified to a higher current?

iimagine

Newly Enlightened
Answers to the \"PIERCE M10\" at eBay

Gentleman,

Thank you so much for looking at my Pierce M10 flashlight, I do apologize for not catching this thread earlier as my work schedule has been insane.

Let me try to answer a few quick questions: 1st off, the link to my ebay sale has changed (I didn't realized but my titling was not appropriate with eBay so they pulled it). I now have a new auction up (although it ends in less than 12 hours)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=16037&item=5171225596&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

There seem to be some questions regarding the amperage. Let me see if I can clarify the matter. I actually have 2 flashlight types I sell (at least currently). The 1st was an original Arc LS second run body with a custom design built circuit that allowed 200/400 mA switchable. It is also currently on sale at ebay. Simply type in "Switchable Arc" and you should get a hit. This design I started selling about 2 years ago and I literally have only a hand full left which I plan to put on ebay. Once these are out, they will be gone.

Now comes the rest of the story - about a year and a half ago, I decided to design a flashlight from scratch that would be extremely small yet extremely powerful. After a lot of design iteration and personal $$ investment, the Pierce M10 prototype was born. It is indeed design with a circuit that runs at 1000mA constant with a switch to flip to 400mA. At 1000mA, it does indeed run for about 1 hour while at 400mA it runs at about 2 hours. Once again, this is a prototype run and I will be selling these on ebay until I exhaust my prototype supply. If you want to find my flashligh on ebay, simply type in "Pierce M10" and it will be the only unique hit.

Thanks again, if you have any question, please directly contact me at [email protected]

The $20 that was mention above was only for the "new body" - no head, no circuit. I indeed am hoping to sell these Pierce M10 at $200. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,
Sam
The designer and creator of Pierce M10

Amonra

Enlightened
Re: Answers to the \"PIERCE M10\" at eBay

iimagine,
just a suggestion, how about making a CR2 one instead of a CR123

iimagine

Newly Enlightened
Re: Answers to the \"PIERCE M10\" at eBay

Yes, we did a lot of research initially and was toying with the CR2 idea. However, we decided it did not support long enough run time and wasn't practical for a slight size trade off.

Thanks for the suggestion. Keep it coming.

Sam

iimagine

Newly Enlightened

[ QUOTE ]
Robocop said:
I can not remember the values but I read a thread on here about some ARC LS models on E-Bay that were able to be switched between 200 and 400 mAh (I think that was correct) The circuit board had some tape that had to be peeled off to expose a small switch. Is this one of those boards that has somehow been modified to a higher current?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, the 2 circuits are completely different. Not even the same chips. Completely new design for the Pierce M10 with a power chip that could go up to 96% efficiency.

Sam

Robocop

Moderator, *Mammoth Killer*

Sounds like a winning combination with this circuit. Have you considered offering the circuit board only for sale? This would be a good board for some of the modders here as well as myself.