Peak LED Kilimanjaro

AFAustin

Flashlight Enthusiast
Anyone have a Peak Kilimanjaro 5 LED 1xAA light? Like it? Is it the Hi-Power version? In "Snow"?

I know Peak has quit selling them. Where to buy and worth it?

Thanks

newo

Newly Enlightened
Yes, yes, yes, and yes. I think of it as an Ultra-G on steroids.

I bought mine from Peak late last year. Just checked the RMSK web site, and they aren't showing that size now. They still show a couple of other sizes. There were a couple of other dealers selling Peaks at one point or another, but I really don't know anything about them, or whether they still have any AAs for sale.

You might try the B/S/T forum . . . .

Worth it? That is a hard question to answer. For all kinds of reasons, I'm really not the person to answer that question for you.

Raybo

Enlightened
I have the 3 led AA "snow" and love it, now where can you get the Peak's? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

scooter

Newly Enlightened
Pocketlights.com still has a selection of Peak lights on the website. Whether they are in stock still is anyone's guess.

gorlank

Enlightened
Is this one worth anything? It's one of the older dual N cell prototypes with the single led. Definitely not one of the high powered led's cuz the light is disappointingly dim. Really nicely made and machined though, and nice and hefty in the brass version.

brassncel.jpg

paulr

Flashaholic
I ordered a stainless Matterhorn (1-led 1AAA) last week and haven't heard anything, so I wonder what the story is.

h_nu

Enlightened
I have the AAA with 3 snow hi-power LED's and the AA with 5 standard. The AAA is the better choice. I'd skip the AA if it isn't hi-power.

AFAustin

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for all the comments. Unfortunately, the only place I see that still offers the Peak multi-LEDs, Pocketlights.com, won't answer my e-mail inquiry.

meeshu

Enlightened
Top Secret! So secret even I don't know where I am
I believe David at Pocketlights is quite busy at this time.

You could try phoning him if it is important enough for you! I phoned David because of no response to my email also. That's how I found out that he was busy. Nevertheless, he is a nice guy to deal with!!

I have some Peak Kilimanjaro AA lights. I like them quite a bit. They weren't available when I checked Peak's website a few months ago, so I just called to order them. They were quite nice and shipped them out within the week.

AFAustin

Flashlight Enthusiast
Anyone know of any way to get a Peak ULTRA power model (multiple LEDs)? At one time, I believe these could be ordered from Peak's Custom Design Center, but I'm assuming that's impossible now due to the litigation.

Thanks.

rwolff

Enlightened
The Peak website didn't say which company was involved in the litigation over the multi-LED lights, and that no Peak personnel were authorized to reveal it. Does anyone here know which company was involved? Considering "one LED isn't bright enough? Use multiples!" is an obvious measure (and there are many companies selling multi-LED lights), it looks like a "strategic" lawsuit to stifle a competitor with a desirable product, and I'd hate to reward them with any of my hard-earned cash.

PhantomZ

Enlightened
the is kilimanjaro able to unscrew the tailring so it can stand on its end? and which other models are able to do that?