Have an extra $95 million?

Wits' End

Flashlight Enthusiast
Remote NEast Minnesota, next to Lake Superior
Patent for sale
[ QUOTE ]
U.S Patent no. 6,570,340 for auction. Patent is used in the worlds FIRST TRULY ELECTRONIC FLASHLIGHT, using normal alkaline cells "digitally" with individual cell access to increase the available power and regeneration energy. "The Stirring of Electrochemical Cells" patent extends battery life of ordinary cells 50% and more, beyond their standard configuration lives. Working prototypes have demonstrated this patent for years!

[/ QUOTE ]
Price seems high is the patent legit?

jtr1962

Flashaholic
If there was any money to be made off that patent it would already have been made. All this does is extend the life of alkaline batteries in a high drain device like a flashlight but anyone with any brains wouldn't use alkalines in a flashlight they use often enough so that battery life is an issue. You can get better life by just using NiMH, which incidentally are readily available in the exact same sizes as alkalines. Of course, Duracell and Energizer don't want you to know that. They're pushing lithium batteries now for use in digicams instead. It's a shame the public is clueless when it comes to batteries. I used to use rechargeables even when they had significant disadvantages over disposables. Now they really don't for most uses.

idleprocess

Flashaholic
I think the general public has caught on to using rechargables in digital cameras. I see rechargables for sale at Wal-Mart, Target, and office supply stores in addition to electronics & camera stores.

For some, there's a steep learning curve where one goes through several sets of alkalines a day early on... and hopefully switches to rechargables before lithium primaries.

jtr1962

Flashaholic
Quite a few people are "getting it" that NiMH are good for digicams but those same people are still buying Duracells by the truckload for their kid's toys. My sister's brother-in-law's family spends something like $30 a week on disposable batteries for their kid's toys and they're far from rich. The initial price of C and D NiMH might be somewhat of a turnoff, but if you drain a set of Duracells every week the payback time is less than a few months. I guess the general public places a lot more value on money saved right now than money saved down the road.