Browning Black Ice

The_virus

Enlightened
These might actually be rebranded lights made by someone else, who I'm not sure though.

I know Browning's Odyssey line of lights (2000, 3000, & 4000) are Lightwave's 2100, 3000, and 4000 respectively, Browning has just rebranded them. Perhaps Browning did the same with these?

If you're looking for a review or whatnot, try looking under other brands that Browning may deal with, and try and find these lights by the original manufacturer, good news though, they should look the exact same since Browning didn't change Lightwave's designs at all.

Try looking under "Orbyx" as a manufacturer. I've seen lights much like these in RadioShack under the "RadioShack" brand, but it's actually rebranded Orbyx lights.

EDIT: The manufacturer Shykuang in Taiwan makes these I believe. Shykuang also makes lights distributed under different names like Nuwai and Xenergy. You can see the page for the product at Shykuang's site here. They even name the product "Browning". Lights by this company generally get good reviews, but you should look at lights individually anyways to judge their quality.

daloosh

Flashaholic*,
These look like an evolution of Browning's Black Ice flashlights that they had out a year plus ago. We have a rep from Browning here at CPF, but he/she hasn't posted in many months.

daloosh

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was looking into buying a Browning 6V Xenon, and it has really bad beam quality. I hope those arent as bad, but they are rather wide (bulkey), I am not a fan of the side switch either. I have seen some, and they are on display at Cabelas. If you get the chance, take a look.

-David

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
I have these two:

Black Ice™ Hyper-Bright, 6V 1W LED, Model 5131 (approximately 5 5/8" x 1 5/8")

and it's little brother

Black Ice™ Hyper-Bright, 3V 1W LED, Model 5111 (approximately 4 3/8" x 1 3/8")

update0dp.jpg

They have Browning's "Dura-Touch Armour Coating" which is used on some of their A-Bolt rifles.

I'm thinking they may be made by Nuwaii (of course to specs published by Browning). They seem extrememly heavy duty, a bit "larger & heavier" than some comparable lights on the market. Burn time on the 6V package says "upto 8 hours" and "upto 3 hours" for the 3V light.

The switch is on the body and has a very positive feel to it. The lens is some sort of polycarbonate (?)...both utilize smooth reflectors (not optics).

I almost sold these, but so far have decided to "hang on to them"...they just feel "right" in my hand.

MrMom

Enlightened
I did a quick review 2-3 months back of the 5w model. If this dial up weren't so slow, I'd post a link. Search the reviews.