Inretech Helios review at the LED Museum

Alan Hsu

Enlightened
There's a new Helios review at the LED Museum. Craig was unable to complete a detailed test since I needed the Helios before a specific date. I would like to add that it's a very bright floodlight with good throw. This makes it an excellent house search light, as it illuminates an entire room of average domestic size. The Inretech head is very well put together and looks/feels robust.

Nerd

Flashlight Enthusiast
Doesn't that make it a portable ceilling flourcent lamp lookalike/perform alike?
grin.gif

FalconFX

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nerd, if I can find a way to hook it up to a ceiling light, I would in an instant... It makes an awesome flood light...

If you ever had a light called the Ott-Lite, you know what the output is like... very white and very bright...

tibim

Newly Enlightened
Originally posted by FalconFX:
If you ever had a light called the Ott-Lite, you know what the output is like... very white and very bright...
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I have two OTT-LITES in my room but I was never really impressed with them.
grin.gif

It's supposed to be "natural" and all that but it seems to "depress" me much more than if I turn on my ceiling light. Even though it may scientifically qualify as the same light output as sunlight, it seems to be like "natural sunlight" as in a "dark rainy day light".
icon13.gif

And since they take 60Hz AC they have noticable flickering which makes reading and stuff like that with them kind of annoying.

Wasn't worth $50.

Oops, was this whole post off topic?
tongue.gif

-tibim

INRETECH

Flashlight Enthusiast
Note: We now have stock on the Helios and I will be getting another unit for Craig to do a full review on shortly

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
are you sure your not thinking of the trilight? one would suspect that to be about 3x kl1.

dirobesh

Enlightened
With 3 good quality luxeons, and driven with 4 batteries, it would certainly at least equal 3x KL1. I don't have the trilight to compare anymore, but even with the 1 not so good luxeon, it belted out a heck of a good deal more light than my KL3.