GLP-III received in Austria

Arni

Newly Enlightened
Hi all,
i received my 2 GLP-III today, but suberbert wite on the shiping documents the real value and so i have to pay 220,- USD extra for custom.
I hope the others from the last groupbuy didn't have to pay for custom.
Now the Lasers are getting realy EXPENSIVE !!!

K-T

*Moderator*
As far as I am informed they have to state the real value not only for customs. There are high fines if not done so.

Also any sort of insurance is only worth the amount stated outside. Even if it is troublesome and hard to get any money back, in case of a loss you'd be mad at yourself for a "too low real value". /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Klaus.

Arni

Newly Enlightened
The 20mWatt Laser have 50mWatt and the "big" >150 mWatt make only 130 mWatt with new Duracel high power batteries. My modified Leadlight with 105mWatt can light a cigarette faster then the >150 GLP-III.

SuperBert

Enlightened
what did you measure that with? I hope thats innaccurate for all of our money's sake. Its atleast good that your 20mw puts out 2.5 times the amount it should, but Im not gonna be too happy if the lasers we all paid good money for arent 150mw ATLEAST

bootleg2go

Enlightened
That's not good over 13% low on the 150, how was this measured? What "high powered" duracell batteries are you talking about? If it the duracell ultra or procell, they are not really much different the regular duracell batteries if you examine the spec. The life of them at the 700ma current level (PGL) only shows mabe 5-8 minutes longer use. For sure not worth double the price for an extra 5% or so.

Jack

SuperBert

Enlightened
sorry youre angry that I wrote the actual value on the packages. I didnt have to pay any fees when recieving them, and I recieved 7 of them, so I dont understand why you had to pay? Guess its a difference in countries. If I would have written a lower cost on the insurance, and the package would have been lost, you would have been mad, as you would only get what was insured, not what their worth.

bootleg2go

Enlightened
Hi Bert,
You may find that you do have to pay a fee, my bill from customs came about 2 weeks after my PGL-III arrived...I thought I got it through without having to pay any duties, but I was wrong, it cost me about $39 or 6% of my $640 bill.
Sometimes they get though depending on how the agent him/herself classifys the item. If you don't get a bill within a month of delivery, you should be ok though.

If your not figuring in 6% customs charges on you group buys you should, because nearly every time they will bill you and you don't want to be stuck with a $40 charge or more /laser.

Jack

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
I intend to purchase a 5mW 473nm blue laser from CNI in a couple of weeks; the shipping charge as quoted by CNI is $150.00 from an email dated this morning. This probably includes custom charges, as it seems kinda pricy for shipping alone for a 3.25Kg package from China.

SuperBert

Enlightened
hmm, yes it must, as they charged me $20 per unit in the group buy. This is bugging me now though about the output

Arni

Newly Enlightened
Some good New's:
after the 2 sek. timer mod, the security key bypass mod, the bottom Plug bypass mod, pot mod and resistor mod the small > 20mWatt have now 210 mWatt at 800mA(Coherent Lasercheck). Batteries: Duracell Energizer (the most expensive what i can find, but may be not the best)
And now to the >150mWatt ....... i will be back

bootleg2go

Enlightened
Hi LED_Museum, the price you paid does not include customs duties. This is something that caanot be paid in advance by the shipper, it is not levyied until it arrives in the US customs and is a charge that is due by the recipent. It is possible that some slip through. $150 may be right if the package is really 3.25Kg as thats over 7 pounds and my PGL-III that was just over a pound was around $40 I think. You must not have bought a portable blue laser pointer, but one of their bench lasers with a power supply, that's the only way I can see a 5mw laser coming in at over 7 pounds. You can probably expect another 6% customs charge when it arrives.

ps I justed looked up fedex chrages for this weight (guessed the package size) from CNI to Colorado where I live and the charges were $112, so $150 is in the ballpark depending on your location, error in pacakage size and anything they add to their shipping charges. Just make sure what they are paying before you order.
Jack

Shiftlock

Enlightened
Don't count on receiving this blue laser anytime soon. I've had one on order with them since early February. They keep stalling and pushing back the estimated ship date. They are also dragging their feet on a yellow laser that I've ordered from them (the same one you already have). I think they're now getting so many orders for high-power 532nm PGL-III units that the other wavelengths are not a priority to them.

[ QUOTE ]
The_LED_Museum said:
I intend to purchase a 5mW 473nm blue laser from CNI in a couple of weeks; the shipping charge as quoted by CNI is $150.00 from an email dated this morning. This probably includes custom charges, as it seems kinda pricy for shipping alone for a 3.25Kg package from China.

[/ QUOTE ]

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
Later this morning, I'll be ordering a PGL-III-473nm 0.6-2mW laser module (blue), at a total cost of $940.00, which includes the $40.00 my bank will charge for wiring the money overseas and the $20.00 their bank will charge for receiving the money.

I only have the money to do this just once a year, thanks to one of my web advertisers who pays for their banners a full year at a time, and I was just paid for them a few days ago.

O the things I do for Candlepower Forums / The LED Musem. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif

Raccoon

Enlightened
Hehe. It's about time someone bought a handheld blue. I really hope those power levels are everything and more than they appear.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
I got it done late this morning, not yesterday as I thought.
But the deed has been done, and I should my handheld blue laser in June.
And I did it almost exclusively for CPF sakes. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

dpss532

Newly Enlightened
Re:YOU ARE HIGH!

I call bull{vulgar term for feces} on the leadlight lighting a cigarette,
upload a image of it doing so.

I own a 170mw lab module, and it smokes the cig but does not flare it up. soooo I call BS

SuperBert

Enlightened
Re:YOU ARE HIGH!

I would watch the cussing around here... mods arent too fond of it.