How to buy Legend LX at you local Wal-Mart

Mr Ted Bear

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have played the hide and seek game like many of you. In fact I found it necessary to make a 3 hour drive to get my first batch of LXs.

I then tried to have them ordered into the store by the department manageers etc..and heard all the stories about the LX being non traded etc. This method worked, but it took three weeks.

Best and easiest way is to call 1 800 WALMART, and complain. No driving and no wasted time or extra toothbrushes and it only took a week... in fact, the LXs are now in stock at 3 WALMARTS in my area (15 minute drive).

Its much easier to call than it is to drive
smile.gif
grin.gif

pec50

Enlightened
I requested the Legend through my local Walmart. The salesperson at the gun counter simply took my name and phone number. They called me this morning when the shipment arrived and had the light waiting for me at the counter. I suspect Walmarts vary, but ours is very accommodating. It was worth the wait!

Mr Ted Bear

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mr Orange

Just spoke to customer service... btw, some of the stores are more accomadating than others; like anything else, some of the employeees are excellent, others leave a lot to be desired.

One more thing, here is the UPC bar code 39953 50770, which they need to identify the LX

D

**DONOTDELETE**

The suggestin to call the 800 number was great. I called and told them the story. They took my name and number. The next day I had a call from someone at one of my local stores saying that the LX's had been special ordered for them and they would call me when they come in.

springnr

Enlightened
I stopped by Galyan's outdoors store today looking for a UK Attitude, no luck, but they had three box of LXs sitting on the bottom shelf. For $19 an change I like it so far.

My new Sportsman's Guide catalog had the LX in also although the price is a little steep. So Wally World isn't the only hope for those still looking.

mrorange

Newly Enlightened
I called on Wednesday, same deal, they took my info and promised I would be contacted by the local store (they had me specify one). No word as of Saturday, but it's a holiday weekend so I'm patient.

papasan

Enlightened
galyan's worked out for me also...they had at least a dozen LXs out along with some streamlights, PT attitudes, etc...an excellent light for $20, very solidly built, o-ring seals everywhere (2 on the head joint)...now to find a source for the lamps...

D

**DONOTDELETE**

I'm begining to wonder if the only way to get Wallyworld to order the LX for our local store is to hold .45 to the mgr's head!!!????

shocked.gif
mad.gif
tongue.gif
Just kidding of course!

patg

Newly Enlightened
The 'manager' at my local Walmart is of no help at all with special ordering an LX. I'm not sure if she's incompetent or reluctant regarding a wild, mind-blowing request such as special-ordering something.

Pat

Mr Ted Bear

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey Patg,

It is for this reason it is easier just to call 1800walmart. I have had only success with the four walmarts in my immediate area.

patg

Newly Enlightened
I was nearly drooling when I called the 800 number and ditto when the local store called me back! I guess I'll give up on that store and refer to another when I call the 800 again.
Thanks, Pooh.

Pat

Tree

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just called the 800 number this morning, and told them about my situation. They said they would call the manager of the store closest to me. The manager called me later this evening and said he would see to it that some get transported from Houma (approx. an hour from here) by an employee of the Houma store that lives here.

In my experience talking to anyone in the store was no good, the 800 number seems to get some progress going.
smile.gif

I'll let you all know if they follow through.
shocked.gif

flashfan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the tip, Pooh.

I called the 800 number, gave them my information, and someone from the local store called the next day. Unfortunately, I was told that the light was not available, with no plans to bring it in, and it could not be special-ordered. Grrrr! I was also told that no other Wal-Marts within at least a 30-mile radius had them either! (I didn't ask them to search beyond the 30-mile radius.)

I've never heard of Galyan's, so don't think there are any in this area. Oh well, I guess I'll just have to buy the SureFire M3 and M4 instead...such suffering!!!
tongue.gif

Alaric Darconville

Flashlight Enthusiast
I drove up from Stillwater to Ponca City, and went to the Super Center they have there (Stillwater also is a Super Center.) Their Sportomotive section (it seems that Automotive and Sporting Goods are merging in most Wal-Marts) seemed more comprehensive than the Stillwater Wal-Mart, but even they lacked the Legend LX. Almost drove up to Wichita (another 1.5 hrs one-way) but decided against it. This time.

Next week, I think I'll go to Wichita in search of the elusive Legend LX. Maybe I should call them first.

On the other hand, I did buy the "Rebel" flashlight and think it's superior to Dorcy's "Cool Blue" LED light, but it's true-- where DO you keep those filters?

It's a nifty little light, but then again, anything that lights up is nifty in my book...

HunkaBurninLove

Newly Enlightened
flashfan,

I unfortunately had the same experience as you did. I called the 800 number and they said that someone would call back within 3 business days. A person did call back, but they said that the LX could not be special ordered for the Wal-Mart closest to me.

Of course I was not happy with that reply. So I'm thinking about calling the 800 number again and requesting it at another WalMart store.

I've been busy the past few weeks but now have more time to give them a call.

Neal