Anti_Candescent

Anti_Candescent

Enlightened
This is Mike's friend Alan. Mike was in a very serious car accident last night. Things are unclear, but we're sure an animal was involved. From what they can tell a semi hit the brakes to stop for an animal the trailer jackknifed and knocked Mikes jeep over sending it into several rollovers. Mike had surgery late last night to remove part of his skull to vent pressure, they have amputated his left leg above the knee, and did something with a punctured lung. God it sounds so awful!! He has some bad burns on his torso and arms. That's what they really worried about. Only Mike could do this, he was awake as of about two hours ago, cracking jokes about saving money on shoes. The doctors said his head is going to be fine but there was some serious swelling that would have killed him if not for the surgery and it is still a danger. He asked me to get on here and post a message, I told him they could live without you for a while, Mike. Him and his damn flashlights. He sends me a link to here no less than every few days. He spends my money for me very well.
Mike's tough as nails, his family is with him, everyone was stunned to see him awake, he has a tube running right out the top of his head. He said,"I'm to weird to live, and to rare to die." So his Hunter Thompson memories are still in there. He'll make it. Alan

greenLED

Flashaholic
OMG! My prayers are with him. Glad to know he's awake. Hopefully he'll continue to recover. Please tell him he'll be in my prayers. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/au.gif

Lurker

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the update Alan, and Mike, we are all pulling for you! Speedy recovery!

MaxaBaker

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sorry about your accident Mike! Get better soon. My prayers are with you. Keep good spirits!

Thank you for telling us Alan.

Mags

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am sorry to hear this. Thank you for informing us, he will be in my prayers.

X33

Enlightened
Hope you get better soon. Best wishes for a good recovery.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
Hope you get better soon too Mike!!!
I'll get my yellow DPSS laser out tonight and beam it skyward (with no aircraft in the vicinity of course) and let those photons be free; hoping some of them make it your way. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

greenLED

Flashaholic
I may be going off a limb here, but what's the status of the CPF Relief Fund? Could it be used to help Mike if needed? Just a thought.

Empath

Flashaholic
I'd just like to make sure I understand the situation here. Since I'd never seen Anti_Candescent refer to himself by name, I was, or am, unaware of his real name. I'm assuming it's Mike, and Alan is posting under his handle on his behalf. Did I figure that out, or is the Mike mentioned one of our other Mikes?

greenLED

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
Empath said:
I'm assuming it's Mike, and Alan is posting under his handle on his behalf.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's my assumption too.

Wits' End

Flashlight Enthusiast
Remote NEast Minnesota, next to Lake Superior
Hope all comes out well. My son has a shunt for fluid in the brain (birth-21 years and counting). He does fine with it. If Mike wants any info or thoughts have him get in touch. Sometimes they are temporary and are removed before leaving the hospital. Other times the tube is run under the skin to drain in the abdomen. Sounds gross but you can't tell with out touching.

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sorry to hear about the terrible accident. Our thoughts are with you, here's wishing you a swift and complete recovery.

pedalinbob

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yikes!

Prayers and good thoughts sent.

I see this kind of thing WAY too much at work--breaks my damn heart every time.

Bob

SilverFox

Flashaholic
Hello Alan,

Tell Mike that we are thinking and praying for his speedy recovery.

Glad to hear his spirits are up.

Tom