pocket led shootout

CPF polls

• ORB RAW

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

highnoon

Newly Enlightened
Looking for the brightest pocket LED made (1x123). It looks like either a PIERCE M10 or the ORB RAW. Im not concerned with the heat, or longivity factors /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Has anyone had an opportunity to see which light is the LUMEN KING.

thanks,

gt

jayflash

Flashlight Enthusiast
Greetings highnoon and welcome the the CPF. Guess I'd better see what I'm missing because clueless (stop chortling, you guys!) about those lights.

See ya later. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink2.gif

SolarFlare

Enlightened
The Raw uses a RCR2/CR2 not a 123 so its considerably smaller than the pierce (about 1/2 an inch!!). If you can get a U bin RAW it will smoke the pierce, plus the RAW has probably the best reflector available. The pierce is regulated the RAW is DD, it'll be brighter at the expense of run time. They're a bit difficult to compare really, but if ya don't care about run time or heat then the RAW is the one /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

mtbkndad

Flashlight Enthusiast
60 seconds is no problem. I just got finished holding both of mine for 15 minutes straight. One thing I noticed is after 15 minutes they are not nearly as dull as I thought they would be. After about 5 minutes the sweat from my fingers helped cool them (my fingers). I also did move them around a little in my fingers. I held the entire body. The rear portion of the body is cooler so if you need to use it for it's full bright run time, holding it from the Tritium vial back is a little easier on the fingers. The Raws were never so hot to me that I felt I had to put them down lest I burn myself.

The Pierce M10, with its larger battery, will reach over 150 F on high if used over 15 minutes. Orb did his homework well on the Raw. The small thin body dissipates heat real fast and the CR2 starts to run out of juice before burning temperatures can be reached.

What I did not try was running my Raws for 5 or 10 minutes and then picking them up. Since I did not buy these lights for non-handheld use. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink2.gif

SolarFlare

Enlightened
take at look at this page . Orb left the RAW running for 12 minutes in its tube, I thought it would melt but it didn't /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif

270winchester

Flashlight Enthusiast
Notice the Pierce's ad said "the smallest brighest light available now", ie., they knew they were gonna be crushed when the orb was delivered so tried to claim the fame for a few days...

The Orb is just amazing....