Flashlight Saves Capsized Boaters

sotyakr

Enlightened
This story from the San Francisco Chronicle is about 8 passengers that were tossed into Carquinez Strait (at the far Northern end of San Francisco Bay) early Sunday morning (6/12) when their 18ft. sailboat capsized. The captain of an approaching oil tanker couldn't see the boat, or it's occupants directly in the ship's path. Only after one of the sailboats occupants caught the attention of a tugboat crew (who had just assisted the tanker in leaving it's moorings) after he began waving his arms with flashlight in hand. The tugboat skipper immediately radioed the tanker captain, who took evasive action to miss the people in the water. All were rescued and in good shape following the ordeal.

cognitivefun

Enlightened
Great news.

A good reason to EDC a flashlight. You never know /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

AuroraLite

Enlightened
That is the reason why when my girl friend ask me:

'Who will you save first? If I and your EDC light fall into the water at the same time?'

And I said, 'Of course, my EDC! Err...(beating on the background)...how else can I find you?' /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif