Current Regulated Power Supply for Luxeon !

Quickbeam

Flashlight Enthusiast
Anyone checked these out?

http://www.lumidrives.com/

Someone sent me an inquiry in my e-mail box.

Power the luxeon at constant 350mA with multiple voltage input capabilities... One of the circuits (Micro BT) is designed for use with batteries (1.6 to 4.5 volts input).

TripleDouble

Newly Enlightened
I took a look at it, but it's just too big for a minimag. Perhaps they'll have one for the 5w LS?

dat2zip

Flashlight Enthusiast
jeff1500,

Is that a typo on that web page. Input current (max) is 50mA. Output current is 350mA. Doesn't sound right. Must be 500mA (max).

Just an observation...

Silviron

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the link to the Eval board. I missed that when I visited the site after the other post.

I signed up for the tech specs a couple of days ago, but haven't heard anything from them yet.

Looks like this will be a good product for us ledflashaholics.

Graham

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is anyone going to try and get some of their evaluation kits? I'm tempted. The Luxeon eval. kit looks good too - includes 10 Luxeons covering most of the colours!

Not cheap though - 85pounds..

Graham

Evan

Enlightened
Ha! the eval kit is 81 pounds today for 10 Luxeons, 2 lenses, and their driver. A little expensive, depending on the exchange rates and what you think their driver is worth. They don't seem to be set up to actually sell them, much less be paid in US$. All in all, a better eval kit than Lumileds ever offered.

Graham

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, I filled in one of their forms requesting technical data on their drivers, but no reply yet..

I'd like to try that Luxeon eval kit though..

Don't suppose any of our UK members would mind giving them a buzz? Jahn? Chris M.?

Graham

jeff1500

Enlightened
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by dat2zip:
[QB]

Is that a typo on that web page. Input current (max) is 50mA. Output current is 350mA. Doesn't sound right. Must be 500mA (max).
{/QB]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Gotta be a typo. Maybe the full data sheet has better numbers.