coming soon from energizer...

The_virus

Enlightened
Nice, their similar krypton worklight which uses D cells looked pretty strudy in the store when I saw it. This light is far more interesting though...

madecov

Flashlight Enthusiast
OK,
65 lumens with 3 hour run time. and the size of a howitzer

the Inova T4 runs 2 1/2 hrs at about the same lumens. and is of course much smaller.

What's the point. Now if it was as bright as the Cyclops it would be cool.

drizzle

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
madecov said:
What's the point.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's probably going to be cheaper. It uses commonly available batteries. It has a style that some people are going to like.

I'm not saying I would buy it over the Inova. But there is room for variety. As far as I'm concerned the more choices we have the better.

idleprocess

Flashaholic
Odds are it will throw better than the Inova with a ~3" reflector.

It mentiones rechargable, so I suspect that the NiMH cells are a hardwired pack.

idleprocess

Flashaholic
If the price is reasonable, I will likely pick one up ... but there's nothing on their website about it, unless I've missed something - heck, it sounds like chestergw has scooped everyone on this.

picard

Flashlight Enthusiast
It looks like an anti-tank weapon for SF troops. when will it be on sale ?

picard

Flashlight Enthusiast
It looks like an anti-tank weapon for SF troops. when will it be on sale ? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/happy14.gif

chesterqw

Flashlight Enthusiast
umm... I think (note the capital i) dec 2005? coz if not... i am going to cry :p

nah just buy something else to replace for my school camp :p

not regulated for sure although you ppl are so "sick" that you can add them the bin of the led will not be crappy as hell although not of the premium bins... lets just say average bin :p

the four nimh cells can be replaced ^_^ with more powerful cells or eh... modding it to use mad stuffs :p

led can be replace too i think, can't be too hard /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

i wonder if the carclo 2 degree optic can be a nice fit in it? then it will be a real spot light:)

edit: it is on the site...but only somewhere hidden from normal humans :p

TORCH_BOY

Flashlight Enthusiast
I like the idea, they already have a 2AA 5 mm led model,
which is not bad either, not bright but atleast 50 hrs runtime
on a set of alkaline AA batteries