• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired LionCub/LionHeart CR2 Body Interest?

Otokoyama

Enlightened
(At the risk of sounding repetitive ...)

If demand supports it, I'll do a run of LionCub RCR2/CR2 bodies which will also fit the LionHeart. These will be in the LionCub style.

Finishes offered will be brass, bare aluminum, HA black, and HA natural. The following images are of similar 150A bodies. The CR2 bodies would be significantly smaller and will include a keyring/lanyard attachment hole, the details of which remain to be worked out.
LionCub150As640s.jpg

I am estimating that the price will be $45 dollars for any finish. The actual price will be determined after interest is assessed.

I'll need approximately 75 orders to do the run. A spring will be included free if orders exceed 100.

If you are interested, please reply with the color selection(s) from above plus the number of CR2 bodies of each color that you will purchase.

This is not an offer to sell these. This thread is only to determine if interest is sufficient to allow economical production.

Thank you.

Otokoyama

Enlightened
Please also let me know if you have a preference for a "waisted" style (pictured) or with side coming straight back from the switch module. Thanks.

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic
Would a CR2 with a Lionheart be at all practical? I know that although the LH will work with an R123, it's pretty "dull", without much runtime. I'd expect the RCR2 on the LH to be even less impressive.

How about a turbo-head for the LH instead?

dbrad

Newly Enlightened
I'm definitely in if you plan on following Charlie's idea of a "no waist" design.

[ QUOTE ]
MR Bulk said:
Anyway I plan to make'em the same diameter as the rest of the Cub, no waist and no flared tail since it'll be so short anyways. Might even do away with the bands of knurling since it's not a "twisty"-style light, and would simply be smooooth-sided just like the...well, You know which one I'm talking about.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm also favor the "no knurling" idea, but I doubt that will be very popular.

diggdug13

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
this_is_nascar said:
Would a CR2 with a Lionheart be at all practical? I know that although the LH will work with an R123, it's pretty "dull", without much runtime. I'd expect the RCR2 on the LH to be even less impressive.

How about a turbo-head for the LH instead?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm with TIN here, wouldn't the smaller battery make the beam less "atractive" now a TURBO-HEAD now that what we need!!!!!

it's all about the beam /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

appologize fo the hijack
doug

Otokoyama

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Datasaurusrex said:accesory saturation/overload!

[/ QUOTE ]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/broke.gif?

Otokoyama

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
this_is_nascar said:Would a CR2 with a Lionheart be at all practical?

[/ QUOTE ]Good question. I'm assuming the people who having been asking for this in the other thread know the answer.

Likebright

Enlightened
Paul,
I believe that Charlie said that he was having second thoughts about the feasibility of a CR2 body something about run time and power consumption I think.
At any rate I wouldn't be interested in them./ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jpshakehead.gif
Mike

Datasaurusrex

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Otokoyama said:
[ QUOTE ]
Datasaurusrex said:accesory saturation/overload!

[/ QUOTE ]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/broke.gif?

[/ QUOTE ]

I just think that there's beginning to be too many accesories, I can't justify keeping up.

A CR2 for the LC also seem to be past the point of diminishing return in regards to the ratio of size/runtime/brightness

Otokoyama

Enlightened
The apparent interest in CR2 bodies doesn't look like it's going to be sufficient to justify a run.

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
Otokoyama said:
The apparent interest in CR2 bodies doesn't look like it's going to be sufficient to justify a run.

[/ QUOTE ]

That being said, how about a BBH or Turbo-Head for the LH series?

BugLightGeek

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes! We definately NEED a turbohead for the LH!!!
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif

karlthev

Flashlight Enthusiast
I agree. I believe that all the "accessories" (?) to the LC have looked to longer run times. I am an accessory nut and I think that the CR2 bodies would be an interesting addition but, not one used except for the probable testing purposes. I "vote" for the Turbo-Head ("TH" ?). One then could "sport" a LC168ATH. Would seem a great combo and, sure would SOUND impressive doncha think?