gooseneck conduit for small lights

twentysixtwo

Enlightened
Anyone know where to get small (1/4") metal flex "gooseneck" conduit for making my own mini snake light? Also thinking about making a small desk/work light

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
I have been looking for stuff like that also. I want to build a octupus light, with 8 stalks or LEDs I can position all diffferent directions.

Anglepoise

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here is the name of a company that has exactly what you want.

Uniprise International, Tel 860-589-7262
I do not know if they have a website.

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
Loc-Line looks nice but 8 stalks would cost $100.00 so it is a bit too expensive. I may just use heat shrink over stiff house wiring instead.

chmsam

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not quite the same thing but pretty close...

I like my Flexbeam from Photon Microlights, a short gooseneck that holds one of the Photon microlights. It has a plug-in base that lets you use either of the included base mounts -- magnetic or suction cup. Comes in a small round tin (neat and compact) and costs about $25, which includes a Photon II, or skip the light and save about $9. You can clip in a variety of Photons so you can get different colors and light levels depending on which model(s) you want.

Photon Flexbeam

Other than that if you're set on building your own from 1/4" tubing, the plumbing section of your local home supply store or hardware store might have some study flex tubing that might work for a short piece. Anything longer than a few inches will be too droopy, though, but it is a cheap way to do it. Trying anything more than that is going to be more expensive to build than it would be to buy ready made.