UK 4aa eLed.

WDR65

Enlightened
Saw the special at Brightguy and I don't think I can resist. Figured I'd pick up a pair of these and then a regular lamp or two to go with them. I've done a search and read some comments. Just wanted to know if there was any reason not to go with these. They will be more emergency and general use lights than for any specific purposes.

pedalinbob

Flashlight Enthusiast
Excellent choice.

I have a ton of lights, and the UK4AALED is probably my most used around the house. I cannot think of any real negatives.
The incan version is quite nics as well.

The UK's are bright, tough, reliable, inexpensive, long-running, waterproof (or resistant), modular.

Bob

gadgetnerd

Enlightened
The only very slight negative with the UK4AAeLED is the beam from the side emitting lux being a little " artifacty", and not terribly "throwy".

If you want a plastic light with a brighter smoother beam and more throw, at the expense of about 1/2 the run time, then try a Streamlight Propoly Luxeon.

I have both of these lights and now don't use any of my others! As pedalinbob said, the UK is perfect for round the house, reading in bed etc. It makes a perfect emergency light as it will basically shine at full brightness for an entire night.

The Streamlight is probably too bright for general indoor use, but perfect for outdoor night activities such as irritating possums up trees etc. It would also make an excellent emergency light from the point of view of attracting attention or navigating unlit tracks etc.

Hey, they're both so cheap, get both /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

LowWorm

Enlightened
I would've gone w/the Bright Guy deal if they had offered them in black (not a fan of yellow plastic). Got one through Island Tactical and I'll post my impressions once it's here. By the specs, it looks like it will be the perfect all-purpose torch.

sniper

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
pedalinbob said:
Excellent choice.

I have a ton of lights, and the UK4AALED is probably my most used around the house. I cannot think of any real negatives.
The incan version is quite nics as well.

The UK's are bright, tough, reliable, inexpensive, long-running, waterproof (or resistant), modular.

Bob

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, WHAT HE SAID!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/happy14.gif I got the switched model, have had it 6 months, use it regularly, and it is still on the first set of batteries. I might even get another one . You won't be sorry!

beezaur

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just got one the other day. For a single-level light, its output is about right. It is a great emergency light. I keep my (alkaline) emergency lights with the batteries in a ziplock bag with the light. I ruined a nice Pelican once by leaving old batts in it.

Scott

buba

Newly Enlightened
This is a great long running compact 4AA light. I have one in every glovebox loaded with Lithium AA's.

SAKLED

Newly Enlightened
It's a great long-lasting utility light. I got mine to replace the yellow plastic 2D cheapo light that I had in my car's glove box. My glove box is small and it takes up less space than the 2D. I've had the UK4aa eLed in my glove box for about 7 months and it has never turned on accidentally. At first I was worried. But the switch does take a fair amount of pressure to activate. Also, I wasn't sure how I would like the form-factor with it being so blocky and odd-shaped. I found it to be very comfortable in the hand and easy to use. I am very happy with it.

pec50

Enlightened
The uk4aa eled is cetainly not one of brightest out there, but it is one of those lights that one would like to have if stuck on a deserted island. I find the form factor one of the most convenient and is easily manageable with heavy gloves. I use one as my primary light, helmet mounted, for fighting wildfires as it provides a nice projected center spot with good spill that allows me to retain some of my night vision. While it may not be important to everyone, it does have a hydrogen scrubber catalyst and 0-psi vent to minimize the explosive risk.

stormchaser

Newly Enlightened
I liked the first one I got from brightguy (good folks) and have ordered a couple on special. I am glad I did.
a great light for aroung the house.