10X vs E2 and UltraStinger

Alan

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just got my 10X and would like to post my findings.

Low beam (60 lumens) vs E2

With my unexpected experience with 9AN's low beam (20 lumens) vs E1 (15 lumens), I was eager to find out if 10X's low beam is of different design like my disappointment on 9AN.

I was stunned and very happy to find out it's an excellent 60 lumens beam. Hot spot is a tiny (almost the same) bit smaller than that of E2 and it seems brighter and even whiter. It's so good that I dumped my idea of getting MN32 (110 lumens) which might degrade runtime of MN31.

Let's go to the MN31 and see if it beats UltraStinger in long throw. Although UltraStinger only has 10W lamp, it is well known to have very long throw (75,000 cp). I pointed the US to a building which is around 500 ft away. It throws a clear bright spot of covering 2 stories. I tried the 10X and it throws a hot spot with almost the same brightness (may be a little dimmer) but covering 6 stories!

I pointed the US over a football (soccer) field that I need to scan the field from point to point. With 10X, it lights up half of the field at one time.

While 10X doesn't beat US in long throw (very close though), it projects a bright beam that covering large area at one shot.

Alan

Size15's

Flashaholic
The 10X, then seems to be a duty orientated light. With a Long runtime close-range option and a "let's see what's going on here..." 'floodlightish' beam.

Interesting.

Thanks!

Al