Can my LSH-P have the LS swapped without trouble?

Status
Not open for further replies.

voodoogreg

Flashlight Enthusiast
I know a lot of modders mod this light with LuxIII and reflecor
etc, but I was wondering If I can just swap a lux-III
without the full meal deal, or circuit change?I lke the stock light and don't want to do anything to affect the stock look. VDG

LitFuse

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sure you can. But being that it's an LSH-P, you're not likely to see a big difference in output with just a Luxeon swap. If you don't like the stock light's tint that could certainly be improved with a LuxIII.

Given the better efficiency of the newer Luxeons, it's possible to do a slight current boost to increase brightness while still maintaining the stock runtime, or nearly so.

Peter

voodoogreg

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
LitFuse said:
Sure you can. But being that it's an LSH-P, you're not likely to see a big difference in output with just a Luxeon swap. If you don't like the stock light's tint that could certainly be improved with a LuxIII.

Given the better efficiency of the newer Luxeons, it's possible to do a slight current boost to increase brightness while still maintaining the stock runtime, or nearly so.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes the tint while not bad is a little green, and a boost in brightness wouldn't be bad as long as the stock circuit board stays in place. I only own one now and just don't want to good the full meal deal with a reflector, hopped up board, and killer bin luxIII. Since my HDS, my fav light is often in my music gear cases' I have found my self using
the ol'o LSH-P around the house. aso this boost would it be Li ion compatable? VDG

voodoogreg

Flashlight Enthusiast
Also If a kind soul could tell me how much a luxIII and a tweek if needed to the circuit would run? VDG

louie

Flashlight Enthusiast
A pity all the former modders of Arcs are apparently quiet. I mod my own, but I'm not ready to be in business.

To anyone with a little experience on LS's, the biggest problem is getting the retaining ring out. Sometimes it come right out, sometimes it's huge problem and you have to grind the ring out and replace it. After that, any changes are really simple. A current boost is a simple resistor addition. The Luxeon is simple desolder/resolder. Changing the optic for a reflector is a few seconds work. However, this assumes one has all the replacement parts - decent LuxIII, spare resistors, reflector, and surface mount soldering equipment and skills. As long as you're in there, you may as well change stuff to what you think you want, if you want.

And my understanding is that the orignal Arc LS boards are not recommended for unregulated (i.e. 4.2 volt) LiIon, as any battery voltage over the Vf of the LED will put the light into direct drive mode.

robstarr-lite

Newly Enlightened
i do these for fun ( modded dozens ) and don't charge much. Ratus was my last customer.

i have some leds from mr bulk that were off his VIP dropoff, unless you have your own LED as Ratus has his own but he needed a new regulator chip. i boosted his a bit plus added a reflector and glass lens and used green watch type glow power to the led...

if you contact him ask him how his run time is as well.

send me a PM

rob

Last edited:

greenLED

Flashaholic
litfuse does these mods too
you can also check the "Modder's yellow pages" under Custom and Modified BST for other modders who may be able to help with this.

TheFire

Enlightened
I can't do it for you (too busy with everything) but if you run into any trouble doing it yourself or just need some experienced specific words of advice, pm me and I'll see what I can do.

robstarr-lite

Newly Enlightened
Voodoogreg and all………………….

I just read the sad event about Chops & Rick 258 dilemma, and just have to offer this…. in addition to helping them out ( as well as donating to the red cross)……… any LS mods I perform for the next couple of months, my labor $ minus the material costs will go to CHOP/RICK and/or any CPF relief fund that gets set up.

Just an additional comment, in the past I haven't advertise this service, as I do these for fun, at my material cost (and reasonably labor) to help out the less fortunate, the other reason I haven't advertised this service is that I never wished to infringe on any of the regular LS modders bussiness. [ not to mention + 2 boys, (preg)wife & consulting job takes up most of my life! ]

Presently, I could perform just a couple of these LS mods a month.... with my current material stock on hand and depending on what needs what. BUT any material donations from anyone would gladly be accepted and charged at the Donators requested amount to the "Customer".

The "Customer" could even send the $ directly to CHOP/RICK and/or ( any CPF ) relief fund that gets set up....and if there's any excess $ on my end that most certainly will go to the CPF general fund as I am way overdue on supporting this place monetary.

Any interest send a PM ( I've deleted practically everything - darn that limitation! )

Rob

San Jose, CA –USA-

Status
Not open for further replies.