Chances of getting black G2 w/LOTC????

KDOG3

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would like to get one but only if I can be sure I get the black one with/LOTC....

What are the chances I'd get one....

StainlessSteel

Enlightened
KDOG3 said:
Yikes. I wonder if i order directly from Surefire if the odds will be better...

I think he was making a joke...

As in... You will either buy the light, or you will not... so you have a 50/50 chance of getting one.

Beretta1526

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was told by SF this morning that it is highly unlikely that you will get one without the LOTC if you order from them direct, as their stock is continually updated. If you want a Tan one, they ALL have the LOTC.

KDOG3

Flashlight Enthusiast
They just wrote me back and told me all new black G2s' come with the LOTC straight from the factory. Excellent. Now I just need to find a dealer that is going to get a new shipment here soon!

clays

Newly Enlightened
BrightGuy has the black LOTC G2's. I got a black LOTC one a couple of months ago from them. Free shipping, too, on Surefires.

Eagle1

Newly Enlightened
I just ordered a tan g2 and will get it on Friday. It has the new l/o t/c on it, as I double checked this b4 ordering. I cant wait, it will go with my tan EKI Commanders.

John N

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just picked up a G2 at a local GI Joe's (sporting goods store). They had two black G2s, one with and one without the LOTC.

I've gotten several in yellow there over the last couple of months and they have all had the LOTC.

It's looking like the retail stock is starting to convert to LOTC.

-john

Flashlight Enthusiast
I like LOTCs, but I find that if I carry my modded G2s (bugout Lux III mod) without LOTC in the SF holster, it NEVER goes on due to the holster design.

Is the main advantage of LOTC for those who carry in pocket? I've NEVER had SF G2 without LOTC go on by itself while in a holster...

jHO

Newly Enlightened
I would like one as well but only if it has the LOTC. I live in Australia. Does anyone know the chances of getting them here?

Grox

Flashlight Enthusiast
jHO said:
I would like one as well but only if it has the LOTC. I live in Australia. Does anyone know the chances of getting them here?

Try jcciv at lighthound.com or brightguy.com - both will ship internationally and if you ask nicely they can fix you up with a LOTC version.

John N

Flashlight Enthusiast
357 said:
I like LOTCs, but I find that if I carry my modded G2s (bugout Lux III mod) without LOTC in the SF holster, it NEVER goes on due to the holster design.

Is the main advantage of LOTC for those who carry in pocket? I've NEVER had SF G2 without LOTC go on by itself while in a holster...

The previous, non-LOTC design wasn't really set up to resist water and the tailcap was prone to falling apart when you took it off to replace the batteries.

I feel that lack of water resistance in the tailcap was the weak part of the G2 design and it has been addressed with the new LOTC.

-john

KDOG3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Now they just need to put the Pyrex lens on it and it would be killer right out of the box! The price would go up a little ($40?), but it would be worth it. When I order mine, I'll get the UCL lens from flashlight.lens.com...

moeman

Enlightened
i had a modded G2 with the cell extender and the hi output lamp in a SF holster that came on, i didn't notice it until i tried to take it out of the holster and it had melted the flap....
:eek:
chris

KDOG3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, I just ordered one from Product Wizard, so we'll see what I get. I did email them and ask them to make sure it was one with a LOTC. A rep emailed back and said he would make sure even if he had to open the package(fine with me). Also have a UCL lens on the way too.... got my fingers crossed!