Peak LED lug or removable keychain?

RA40

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looking at these, I'm wondering what preference some of you have for these lights...my previous keychain lights have been lug or swivel top types.

I'm wondering if I get the removable keychain type whether I'll unscrew it without knowing and lose it....thoughts?

Solstice

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've had both so I figured I'd answer. IMHO, while the keychain is well designed and won't unscrew by itself, but it adds quite a noticeable bit of length to the light (enough that it was pokey in my pocket with my keys). Its' a nice versatile option, but it depends on how important the smallest possible size is for you.

paulr

Flashaholic
I like the lug better. The removable keychain post is kind of ugly and it makes the light bigger. Note that the body tubes aren't that expensive. You can buy one head and both tubes for much less than the cost of two whole lights.

Luxman

Enlightened
I also like the smaller lug type better. I have the lug in AAA and N. Since the light lies in my pocket horizontally, shorter length makes it less noticeable.

I also have a removable keychain type in the AA. It 'seems' like it will not unscrew under normal use - but I have not tested this. Maybe blue Loctite might give you more insurance.

NoShadow

Enlightened
RA40 said:
Looking at these, I'm wondering what preference some of you have for these lights...my previous keychain lights have been lug or swivel top types.

I'm wondering if I get the removable keychain type whether I'll unscrew it without knowing and lose it....thoughts?

Just some other experience......I have the Matterhorn ' keychain ' style light on my primary keyring (I have the car key on a separate ring with a brass, ' lug style ' light on it) and I haven't had a problem with the end unscrewing on its own. Personally, I like its length as it provides a nice handle to get a purchase on the ring when I need the keys. Not to mention the 3 LED's giving me the light I need when I need it. Great light either way: Lug or Keyring style.

Flash_Gordon

Flashlight Enthusiast
Go to the accessories page on Peak's site. You can buy extra Matterhorn bodies for only $5.

So, for an extra $10 you can have all three body styles and exchange them as desired.

The pocket body lives on mine because it fits so well in the little coin pocket.

Mark

chesterqw

Flashlight Enthusiast
lug i think are the best, you can get any spilt rings or so carribeaners to hook it up with them, then you clip then onto those belt hoops

RA40

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wish I looked on the accessory page before I sent my order through, oh-well. They arrived today and I'm very pleased with these little guys. The lug style works for me and the next round, I'll order some spare bodies. :thumbsup: