Pentagonlight L2

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Really how bright is this thing? Is it waterproof? And how is the runtime? (site says 1hr, is it true?)

-Davud

Mark2

Enlightened
Double O-rings on all openings, sealed very well. I've taken several PentagonLight models underwater, and never had the slightest leakage. I don't think any of the tactical lights have better water protection than the PentagonLight models. Made in the USA. I don't have a runtime graph, but from my experience with my own L2, I'd say one hour is probably a conservative estimate, could be a bit longer with quality batteries.

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast
They've got to get a review on this light... it looks like the erfect light; the runtime worries me.

-David

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast
yep, they are available now.... somebody please direct me to a review here on CPF. I just want to know how it throws compared to SF KL3.

-David

not2bright

Enlightened
cheapo,

I assume you have seen Mark2's review on his site?

http://photonforums.com/groupee/forums/a/tpc/f/658102481/m/651108804

I have had one on order, and as you know I have the PM6 HA 3W as well. When it arrives I will compare, but Mark2 says it throws and has similar output as the PM6 HA 3W, but with better build quality, glass lens, better HA, etc.

Mine will be here on Tuesday, $68 for the light, plus $6 shipping. Looks like a better deal than the PM6 3W.

dano

Flashlight Enthusiast
These L2 threads keep popping up. A search for this light wiull yield excellent info from the updated version of CPF.

Anyways, Pentagonlights are made "Made in the USA from U.S. and imported components." Actually they're made in Burlingame, which is a city just south of San Francisco.

Great lights. Too bad they aren't more well known.

--dan

jar3ds

Flashlight Enthusiast
i can't wait until flashlightreviews.com gets this up on their site!

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast
well. the m6 3w has a clicky.. the L2 does not. So if you want an L2 with clicky, you'll have to pay over $100.

-David

scudinc

Enlightened

jar3ds

Flashlight Enthusiast
someone send their L2 to Doug at flashlightreviews.com =)

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast
widgnwhacker said:
Mine has a clicky and it was only $68.00

HA3 with clicky? The web-site says it comes with a momentary. Does it click like a Z57, or more like the soft click of the PM6 3w?

-David

widgnwhacker

Newly Enlightened
cheapo said:
HA3 with clicky? The web-site says it comes with a momentary. Does it click like a Z57, or more like the soft click of the PM6 3w?

-David

Straight off of the box it came in from Pentagon.

Now with TC-4 Push On/Off Tactical Switch and yes it is in the HA Finish.

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast
I hate the VG switch.. too bad, it was looking good too.

-David