Anyone have a Streamlight 3C X 10 LED?

DoubtingBeliever

Newly Enlightened
I'm thinking about getting one of these as a "power outage" light. I have a couple of Nuwaii LED lanterns but am looking for a more portable light source to supplement them. Don't need a lot of brightness. Got lots of other lights for that. Primarily interested in long runtime. Quickbeam reviewed the little brother of this light (4AA X 7 LED) and originally liked it until some reports of overheating and damaged LED's started coming in. Does anyone have any experiences to share about this light? Any suggested alternatives in the same (approximately $35) price range? Thanks in advance, Roger

wwglen

Enlightened
I like the 3C twin Task.

I would also try (don't have it though) the 3D one watt Dorcy from target.

wwglen

Lunal_Tic

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've got the AA 7LED and C 10LED l like them both. The AA version has had the overdrive problem fixed and the older ones are covered by a good warranty so no problem there. The C cell version is a good close/medium distance light; good for around the house. I've paired mine with a 3 C cell Pelican Recoil light that is all throw. Together they make a good team and using the same batteries is a plus too.

-LT