Recent Light Purchases Have All Been HOMERUNS

txmatt

Enlightened
Prior to joining this list I had puchased a CMG Reactor and 3 or 4 Infinity Ultra's I found on closeout (from REI or Campmor I think) as well as a CMG Aurora headlamp. I also have an SF G2 and an SL TwinTask 3C. Of these the Reactor has been the only major disappointment with it's green tint and flaky switch. I also expected more of the TwinTask, sort of a jack of all trades, master of none light.

Since joining I've made some well-reasearched LED purchases and others of very new lights without many reviews.

The first was an early pair of Streamlight Propoly Lux 4AA's that continue to impress with their quality, value, and amazing runtime as just elaborated in another thread.

Then I got in on the early shipments of the new Arc AAAv4. Lots of useful spill with good run time from such a small light. I'll likely lose it before it fals or gets destroyed.

I found a Gerber LX3.0 on sale at REI and picked one up. Nice flood for hiking and lots of diminishing run time being direct drive.

Then I bought the VB-16, variable output lux 3 and put in an LDF lens for flood. With a 18650 battery this will be my camping light for do-everything. I love it's wide range of brightnesses. It cured my want of a SF U2.

Then this week I got the Fenix L1P v2.5. Wow! I need to take some comparison pics but it is very similar to the SL Propoly lux beam, although the hot spot isn't as bright. Amazing for a single AA.

Oh, also in there were purchases of a few Photon Freedom 2x's and a RiverRock lantern.

Much thanks to everyone's input on here, these have all been good purchases and none was over $50 (without shipping). It seems like I've ended up with some "standard-bearer" lights without wasting money on lots of junk lights to get here.

Matt

Last edited: