Heliotek HTE-1 2nd gen...anyone have experience with this light?

Irongen

Newly Enlightened
Currently, this light is on my short list of near-future purchases. The excellent battery life, decent output and throw, durability and built in diffuser seem to make this a very good all-around light. Anyone have one and want to share their thoughts on it?

Irongen

Newly Enlightened
Very nice, thanks much.

The diffuser on it does a good job of turning it into a flood light? I'm *this* close to ordering one, just seems like such a good light overall.

Irongen

Newly Enlightened
Well, sounds like I know what my next light is....Gladius will have to wait for a bit, have other bills that need to get paid first, but the light itch needs to be scratched in the meantime. :naughty:

SilverFox

Flashaholic
Hello Irongen,

You may find this thread interesting.

I really like this light. It has good throw, and when you flip the diffuser on, good flood. It is like having a two stage light.

I have used mine a lot and enjoy the regulated output and the rugged construction. The only complaint is that the lanyard is too long. I have ended up taking mine off, but it is reasonably easy to alter.

Great light. It may look a bit different, but you will be quite satisfied with it when you use it in the dark.

Tom