• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

●=●=● The Killer Ti AAA Keychain Light ●=●=●

Ducaticorse

Newly Enlightened
Re: ●=●=● La Petite Killer Ti AAA Keychain Light ●=●=●

Fred, sounds very cool. I'd be very interested in either a AlTiN or TiN 357 Killah. :twothumbs

stevevh

Enlightened

Got my LPK with the AAA pack and wow!!!! Just amazing quality and smooooth threads. It is shorter than the arc aaa is and a little fatter. It has a really nice sturdy precence on my keyring. Great work Fred, this is the first light to bump my arc aaa off my keyring in almost 5 years!
Now all we need is a 2 stage!!!!!:poke:

Steve

karlthev

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hmmmm, I do think I'm gonna NEED ne of these special-coated as well Fred!!!

Karl

GLOCK18

Enlightened

I won't that black one with a 40ma driver.

PhotonFanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast

I do have an order for additional 40mA drivers in the works. Hopefully they will be here before the end of the month.

PhotonFanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast

Interesting Pic

AAALights.jpg

L to R: Fenix E0,AAA size Draco, mag solitaire, Arc AAA, Peak Matterhorn, Killer AAA

You must have :poke:a lot of keys. :crackup:

Bolek

Enlightened

Today I sent a bunch of Killers off to the PVD coating service that I hope to use. I sent both the Killer 357 and the Killer AAA and told them to go wild--give me whatever they though looked good. :D

I asked for these, but may be getting some others, too:

• TiCN -- Titanium Carbonitride, copper color/brown, 2500 Vickers
  • AlTiN -- Aluminum Titanium Nitride, grey/black, 3600 Vickers
  • TiN -- Titanium Nitride, bright gold, 2500 Vickers
  • ZrN -- Zirconium Nitride, pale gold, 2800 Vickers
  • CrN -- Chromium Nitride, silver, 2500 Vickers
  • Black Diamond -- deep purple/black, high Vickers
Can't wait to see the colors, and the prices. :devil:
I'm interested by a AlTiN 40mA La Petite Killer Ti AAA Keychain Light.
What is the price send to France ?

:)>

Flashlight Enthusiast

My Killer has been running for 20 hours now and I cannot detect any dimming:twothumbs

Oh yeah, the tint is very nice and white compared to my Arc AAA-P's and my Fenix E01.

Nice light Fred.

PhotonFanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast

I'm interested by a AlTiN 40mA La Petite Killer Ti AAA Keychain Light.
What is the price send to France ?

Bolek,

Sorry, but I really have no idea on the pricing yet. I just sent them a bunch of lights and asked them to coat them and return the lights with quotes for future coatings. As soon as I know the prices, I will post them.

I'm as curious to know the cost as everyone else is. Some of the coatings I would expect to add no more than $10 to the cost of the basic light, which is $110; I base that guess on the fact that many carbide tool bits are coated and the difference in price between coated and uncoated pieces is not that great.

On the other hand, some of the exotic coating might be fairly expensive. I plan to offer a wide variety of coatings, so there might be something there for everyone.

PhotonFanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast

My Killer has been running for 20 hours now and I cannot detect any dimming:twothumbs

Oh yeah, the tint is very nice and white compared to my Arc AAA-P's and my Fenix E01.

Nice light Fred.

Goatee,

Well, it is supposed to be a constant current driver, so there should be no dimming--it should either be on, or off. Once the battery's voltage drops to .9V, the driver will shut down.

Still, good to hear that 20 hours is possible. What kind of battery do you have in it, btw?

wvaltakis2

Enlightened

Can't wait to see 'em, you know I want a black diamond one:)

~Chip

p.s. Feel free to send any parts of mine out for "test coating" ;)

tricker

Enlightened

19 hours 45 mins on an eneloop for me

.906v under no load

Last edited:

GLOCK18

Enlightened

At first I was debating if to buy one as it might not be bright enought, after receiving the light I am extremly pleased with the output, more then bright enought for any night time use. Not only is it bright enought the fit and finish is FIRST CLASS, a steal of a deal @ $110.00.

Last edited:

:)>

Flashlight Enthusiast

Goatee,

Well, it is supposed to be a constant current driver, so there should be no dimming--it should either be on, or off. Once the battery's voltage drops to .9V, the driver will shut down.

Still, good to hear that 20 hours is possible. What kind of battery do you have in it, btw?

I used a Duracell alkaline battery. I ran this test starting on Friday from 8:00 PM to Saturday 11:00 AM (15 hours). I turned the light off so that I could take it with me to that park. I ran the light again from 1:30 PM on Saturday to 7:30 PM on Saturday (6 hours). I have been running it since 8:00 PM on Saturday until now (approx. 4 more hours).

This means that I am at about 25 hours right now. Mine is not the 40 ma converter.

Bolek

Enlightened

I'll take one (but I don't know which one). First the current. Is 40mA as reliable and as safe for the LED in continue 2h use for some hours as the 12mA ? How do you compare the output of the 12mA and of the 40mA to a Fenix EO1 ? Second : can I paye now for the light and you postpon the sending until you got the information on the coting. Then I'll pay aditionnal amout for the coting if I chouse one.

PhotonFanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast

I'll take one (but I don't know which one). First the current. Is 40mA as reliable and as safe for the LED in continuous 2h use for some hours as the 12mA ? How do you compare the output of the 12mA and of the 40mA to a Fenix EO1 ? Second : can I pay now for the light and you postpone sending it until you have the information on the coating. Then I'll pay the additional amount for the coating if I choose one.

Bolek,

Sorry, but I don't own any Fenix lights, so I can not offer any comparisons.

As for safety, the Nichia GS can be safely driven to 55mA, anything above that and one risks damaging the LED, so 40mA should be fine.

You can pay now, if you choose, or you could also just wait until I get the prices and the coated Killers back. Your choice, thanks.

Latest posts