Flashlight Enthusiast
Flashlight: Fenix TK16vn

Knife: Microtech Arbiter fixed blade

Multi-tool: Leatherman Charge TTi

Handgun: Sig P220c

Last edited:

Going_Supernova

Enlightened
If the end of the world event happened like ww3 or a like events and you allowed to have one flashlight and one knife and a multitool then what is going to be post your setup for these events specially the [emoji363]FLASHLIGHT [emoji363].

I'll play.

Surefire P3X Fury with the two level clickie

ESEE Junglas

Leatherman Charge TTI

Last edited:

TA_ls1

Enlightened
For flashlight, probably the Zebralight SC600 MKIII HI as long as I have my solar chargers and ways to charge 18650s. Otherwise the HDS clicky I've owned for the last 8 years to run with cr123a primaries.

For knife, my SOG daggert 2, or if it's a folder/edc knife, the Benchmade griptilian.

I can't say what multi tool since I don't own one and have not looked into them much. Maybe I should haha.

Tre_Asay

Enlightened
I can't say for the knife, probably something I made myself or a spyderco. Multitool, I have always just carried a cheap one, though for end of the world probably a leatherman super tool 300?
Flashlight is a hard one. I would not let go of my HDS but for simplicity and AA batteries I would use a peak el capitain.

PB Wilson

Newly Enlightened
Str8Stroke in post #9 had a great idea about swiping 18650 cells from laptops which would become obsolete and available in every household you might come across.

I'd choose a Zebralight H600w headlamp, my Koster 3V flat ground Bushcrafter and my Leatherman Charge Ti.

None would help when I've got intestinal distress or a simple infection that I can't treat, but I could get some work done with those three while I was still healthy.

eff

Enlightened
I'm envisioning a flashaholic wearing one of those Shotgun Shell Bandoliers - only it's filled with 18650 cells instead...

:laughing:

lol :laughing:
To answer the OP :
- light : I guess I'd take a light with great runtime specs like the Zebra SC600 Mk II
- knife : nothing special, any knife would do the job
- tool : the one I bought a few years ago for about 20$ at a department store

Last edited:

Bdm82

Flashlight Enthusiast
Maybe I'm too literal on this, but if it was that kind of end of world situation and I had to have a flashlight for light, I'd probably pick one of the manual crank or magnetic self-charging lights. I own lights I'd much rather have -- but if there's no power for AC lights, the pragmatist in me says to opt for the lights that don't depend on battery recharging.

Of course if there's a solar-powered battery charger, or AC power, then the decision gets tougher!

seery

Flashlight Enthusiast
Honestly, in an EOTWAWKI situation, I'd grab a pocket full of BIC Lighters before any light I own.

BIC Lighter
SuperTool 300
Chris Reeves