1000 Lumen Flashlight at Home Depot

Chicken Drumstick

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, that's the only LED I've found that resembles the LEDs in the light.
They may be older stock or lesser desired bin.

Here's the LED in question.

Older stock or bin won't change the physical appearance.

The XP-L is very distinct, it has a silicon dome, with the sides cut square:

There are lots of other makes of emitters on the market however and lots of Chinese "clone" ones, which often look a bit like a Cree LED. I don't know what LED that torch has, but I'm not convinced they are XP-L's.

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
FRITZHID very sorry to hear about your mother. I stopped in HD and looked at this light. Man this is a BIG light. The emitters sit waaay down in the head I could not for the life of me figure them out. Was able to eliminate the old XM-L, they clearly looked domed so no XP-L HI, they looked sloppily made so am just lost on it. Every XP-L HD I have seen have been very well made. Possibly old XP-G's? On the upside HD had the 200 lumen Mag XL50 Ive always wanted so walked out with that at least. But I must say this 1000 lumen light has damn near endless amounts of room to work with as a host.

FRITZHID

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ty Celtic.

Yes, if you scroll back to earlier posts, the 1st thought I had was *that's got to be a good host to play with!*.
Yeah, the LEDs are a ***** to id. Worse is the fact they have a custom sinkpad that's wired in parallel but there's not enough room for 3 separate LED stars with the way the optics and support are designed.
The pads are just the right size for 3 n219s tho! I don't like the idea of paralleling LEDs but that's the way it's going to be until I figure out the new driver and whether or not I'm going to run 3s cells at ~12v.
It's heavy enough that I'm not worried about cooling, that's for sure!

HighlanderNorth

Flashlight Enthusiast
So what is the current situation involving the modification of this light? I just found this thread for the first time, and read many of the posts.